chapter 4- escaping not for long

TW: only minor use of harsh words.

The cake hounds ran at them, and madeline didn't know what to do. He had espresso on his head, and he had to wake him up. But he couldn't, espresso was suffering too much already.

"Shit, now espressos going to wake up." Madeline said under his breath. All the cake hounds started biting on everyone's feet and legs, including madelines.

"Fuck! Espressos gonna wake up!" Madeline said, this time not whispering and out loud.

"Geez, no need to scream. I'm already awake." Espresso said. But madeline wasn't listening, he was kicking off all the cake hounds in a rush. Espresso summoned a flaming coffee bean and threw it at the cake hounds below madeliene, causing all of them to whimper and run away to someone else.

"Oh. Thanks, espresso!" Madeline said. Madeline was going to help the others with espresso still on his back, when espresso started to get off.

"Huh? Where are you going?" Madeline asked.

"Judging by all the cake hound noises, I'm assuming your- argh! Y-your fighting some cake hounds. I won't disturb you anymore." Espresso said. As soon as his foot touched the ground, a aching strike of pain run though his entire leg. espresso was struggling to even stand up straight.

Madeline had a weird feeling. He was feeling a bit upset that espresso went down. was he sad that he had to let espresso go? Madeline shook that thought away and went to the others to help them. Espresso flew up into the corner of the room since he couldn't fight without his glasses.

Eventually, everyone defeated the cake hounds and they turned to red velvet.

"Seems like your weak little 'cake hounds' can't kill us." Latte said.

"Hahahaha...don't keep your head up high for too long." Red velvet said, smirking as he crossed his arms.

"Huh? What do you-" before Latte could finish her sentance, someone tied a rope around her and shoved her down to the ground. It all happened so quick, raspberry, mango and madeline barley had time to save Latte.

"Latte!" Raspberry screamed, running over to her. Suddenly, someone emerged infront of rasoberry.

It was licorice.

Licorice hit her with the end of his thycilyne, not wanting to stab her, but instead knocking her out. He tied raspberry up, and when he looked up, he saw madeliene charging at him. Licorice rolled his eyes and pomegranate suddenly kicked him down from the roof.

"Huh!? Since when we're you on the roo-"

"Shut it, you pathetic gallant." Pomagranate interupted as she tied madeline up, tightening the rope. As for Mango, poison mushroom scared him from behind and simply tied him up.

"Hehe." Poison mushroom giggled as he impelled mango down aggressively.

"Now, where's that little dark mage?" Another voice asked. It was dark enchantress.

"Huh!? I thought I beat the shit out of you!" Raspberry screamed, lowering her brows.

"Oh but you did. You really did. Im quite impressed.  Except, You forgot that I don't give up that easily, and I have my 2 healers with me." Dark enchantress said, giving them an evil grin as she patted poison mushroom and Pomagranates head.

"How is Pomagranate teleporting everywhere?" Madeline asked himself.

"Now, tell me. Where is that dark mage?" Dark enchantress asked, bending over to madeline.

"Why are you asking me!? I don't know!" Madeline screamed.

"Dont lie to me, boy. I'm asking you because you were the one giving him some help on walking, arent you?" Dark enchantress asked. Madeline couldn't do any action, so he used his mouth instead.