Chapter 14

Waking up in my own bed warm and safe, I just laid there praying it had all just been a really bad dream. Sadly the pain in my face and jaw started throbbing worse, shattering the hope and making me bolt upright scared.

Getting up, I notice someone's changed me into a men's t-shirt and boxers.

Rushing downstairs I find the lounge empty, and only Nonna and Amelia in the kitchen.

"Where are they?" I scream out breathlessly. "Please? Tell me everyone's okay?"

Nonna grabs me and pulls me into a tight hug and that's when I notice the tears. "They're okay Bella, I promise. Ivan got shot but he's fine now, it was only a flesh wound. Antonio and Xeres are upstairs sleeping still. I'm not sure where Ivan's got to." She assures me.

"And Micha?"

She avoids my eyes and looks at Amelia instead. "He's fine Bella. A little banged up, but fine."

I sag in relief, and Nonna leads me to sit at the table. Amelia hands me a mug of coffee that I take grateful.

"So where is Micha now?" I ask after finishing my drink.

"He's gone home Bella." She replies reluctantly.

I frown not understanding her. "Home where? I thought he lived here?"

Antonio comes into the kitchen stopping my questions, seeing me he comes over and grabs me tightly, squishing the air out of my lungs with the strength of his arm's. "You're alright Bella. Mio dio! You scared me that night. I fight my way through to you and find four dead bodies, and you collapsed beside Micha and Quinn covered in blood. I thought I lost you again Bella." He told me still squeezing me.

"I'm okay Antonio. I've proved I can take care of myself. I thought you guys were dead though. I was so scared, and wanted to go check on you, but my head hurt too much. How did you guy's get out? He sent so many men in after you, and they had guns too." I tell him, my eye's filling up at how for those awful minutes, I'd thought my family was dead.

"We had our own men with us Bella, and we had gun's too." He tells me gently. "How are you feeling? We all watched the CCTV of your ordeal with that bâstârd. I'm so sorry you had to go through that by yourself."

I shrug, and he let's me go, kissing me on the forehead. Nonna hands me a plate of pancakes and bacon and I just stare at it blankly not feeling hungry.

"Where's Micha?" I ask her again.

"He's left Italy, Bella. He returned home to Greece, to visit his family and rest up a bit. He wasn't that physically hurt, but mentally, well that will take time. He feels incredibly guilty for not being there when you needed him the most. He's taken it hard Bella."

I push my plate away feeling sick. "So let me get this straight? He's upset at what I went through, and he thinks leaving me alone to cope with it is helping me? I don't want to hear it, I just want to be alone." I reply angrily and make my way back up to my room, slamming the door behind me.

Laying on my bed I sob feeling stupid. I'd confessed how I felt to Micha, and I needed him here with me, not miles away.

I lay there crying pathetically for a while, before there's a tentive knock on my bedroom door. Ignoring it I turn away, not wanting to see anyone right now.

"Bella?" I hear Xeres ask quietly.

I ignore him, hoping he'll get the hint and go away.

Instead, the bed dips bedside me and he pulls me against him, hugging me.

"I'm so sorry we weren't there Bella. And I'm sorry that you're hurting now too. Micha's stupid." He growls out angry.

I just nod and snuggle up to him, feeling safe here.

"You're the best Xeres. And I forgive you guy's for not being there, you had your own asses to take care of. I took care of the problem's anyway."

"No one will ever hurt you again Bella. For as long as I live, I vow to never let anyone hurt you like that." He tells me seriously.

I just nod agreeing with him, knowing no matter how much he means it, he can't be with me 24/7.

We lay there for a while before I finally relax. The door opens again and Ivan comes in.

Seeing us snuggled up together, he grins and comes over to join too. "Puppy pile huh?" He asks eagerly.

Laying on the other side of me he position's himself comfily, and we all end up falling asleep snuggled together.