Chapter 20

Just a filler chapter really. Enjoy!! ☺

Arriving back in America feels weird, I'd gotten so  comfortable being in Italy that I'd gotten used to having Italian spoken around me constantly; I'd even learnt to speak it brokenly, and could understand the gist of a conversation. It's 7.p.m here and I'm so jet-lagged I feel funny.

Renting a car from the airport,  I drive through my old town and just stare at the diner I'd been living in dejectedly.

Checking into a small hotel for the night, I take a quick shower and order a burger and fries from room service.
After eating I change into one of Micha's tops I'd stolen and lay down exhausted.

The next morning I'm worn rudely by my phone ringing loudly from the bed side table where I'd left it last night.

Grabbing it I press answer and just put it to my ear, too tired to sit up.

"Hello?"

"Finally Bella! What were you doing?" Xeres asks me sounding annoyed.

"Sleeping." I mutter to him, annoyed myself.

"Oh crap, sorry. Did you arrive okay?"

"Yeah Xeres, just tired."

"Where are you now, are you safe?" He demands me strangely.

"At a hotel. And safe? Yeah, I guess so." I tell him tiredly.

"Okay I'll let you sleep now squirt, ring me when you wake up properly."

"Will do. I love you guy's." I tell him seriously, hanging up.

Turning over I stuff the phone under the other pillow and go back go sleep still tired.