51 - One sleep

Leo drove up to the arrivals at terminal B. His father waved from the curb like he was hailing a taxi. Meanwhile, his mother talked Percy's ear off. The workaholic finally made it to Boston.

When he got out of the car, his mother hugged him. Percy greeted him with a masculine half hug involving banging each other on the back.

"You look good. Love must agree with you."

Seeing his friend automatically brought back memories of Autumn. Leo shook them away and greeted his father.

As soon as their luggage was in the trunk, his parents climbed in the back. From the front seat, Percy said, "I've never been to Boston before."

"We live in suburbia."

"Did you work today?" Maggie asked.

"I did. I'm officially on vacation."

"Your honeymoon vacation."

"You guys came and I'm leaving."

"And the kids will be in excellent hands with us, right Bill."

"She'll spoil them like a good grandmother." His father teased.

Percy laughed, and Leo updated them. "Isla's making dinner. Mom and dad, you get the basement. Percy gets Cody's room."

"Will I fit in his bed?"

"It's a twin. Sorry. You could have Riley's twin but her room is too bright for you."

"Ha, ha. Glad I'm only staying two nights. Who gets married on a Friday evening?"

"Plenty of people." Maggie defended her son.

When he pulled into the driveway, Percy said, "Cute." His expression changed when he saw the pool. "Seriously. You're an embarrassment to LA."

"The kids like it. Dad, I'll show you how to take care of it."

Leo wanted to skip with excitement. Just him and Isla in a hotel on Cape Cod for five days. It wasn't a fancy honeymoon, but the hotel had beach access and a pool. He was most interested in the bed.

Isla's friends came through for him. Isla agreed to condoms. It was not ideal, but he would accept the win. He and Autumn had discussed a vasectomy. Maybe Isla would let him be the sinner after a baby or two. Some days the idea of a baby scared him more than the wedding night did Isla. They were staying at a local hotel for their first night together. Even Leo was nervous and wanted it perfect for his virgin bride.

Once inside, there were greetings for everyone. As the kids took their guests' focus, he pulled Isla aside.

"Hi, almost wife."

She blushed, so he kissed her.

"Break it up. You'd think you were getting married or something." Leo laughed at Percy as Isla hid her face against his chest. From the very beginning, his instinct was to protect her.

Maggie said, "Is there a rehearsal?"

"No, we'll muddle through. Lilli will make sure everything goes right."

Percy said, "I'd like to meet this friend."

Leo blurted. "She's married to my best man."

"I used to be your best man."

Isla looked up at Leo. She protected him too. He squeezed her and released her.

"Perce. If only things were different, but they aren't, and I have Isla now. Lilli has been an amazing friend to her. Zach will tell you he earned the role by helping with the swing set and the pool every summer."