Chapter nine- when life fucks up

*meghans pov*
I wake up and roll over. Shit. I rolled into the floor. Thud. I groan and rub my tailbone. I most likely bruised it. I grab the couch and try to stand up. Charlie wakes up startled.
"What happened" he says drowsily.
"Life fucked up, that's what" I say and sat on the couch next to him.
"Well, shit head, someone's in a good mood" he says, smirking. I laugh.
"You dick. I fell off the couch charlie" I tell him.
"Are you okay" he says after I rub my Lower back. I nod. I lean against the back of the couch and he rests his head on my shoulder. I rest my cheek on the top of his head and fall asleep. I wake up when my phone pings loudly.
"Mikaela!" I groan. She tagged me in a picture on Instagram of me and Charlie hugging in our sleep. She must've sent it to herself from Charlie's phone. Charlie stirs. Well life fucked up again because we were happily asleep.
"What did that ducktail do now" he slurs. Ducktail? What the fuck? This is why I love my Charlie!
"This" I show him the picture. He smiles. I kiss him. He smiles and I go to his fridge. He has cold cheese pizza! Jackpot! I grab the box and take it back to the couch. We eat in silence and then I get dressed. Charlie takes a shower while I do my makeup and stuff like that. "When the world is on fire we won't even move, there is no reason if I'm here with you. And when it's said and done I'll give me to you. That some type of love that some type of love" I sing. Charlie smiles. God damn I love him. He pulls me into a hug. He grabs my hand and bolts out the door. I'm laughing so hard Im crying. He tosses me in my car. I'm wearing a white skirt with black leopard spots, a black long sleeve shirt and knee high black heel boots.
My hair is curled. We pull into an empty field. I've learned to just go with it, Charlie likes to do romantic wilderness stuff. I cartwheel to the blanket and flop onto my side. Fuck, why did I do that? I sit Indian style across from Charlie.
"Meghan Elizabeth Trainor, I love you as much as life itself." Charlie hugs me and kisses my temple. I smile.
"I swear dumb fuck, I love you more than pizza" I joke. He laughs his charming laugh. I giggle crazily and snack on some goldfish from the picnic basket. A butterfly flaps around us. The sun shines down on us and I snuggle next to Charlie. He kisses me and we talk until it's dark. Then we get in the car and drive back to my house. We head out onto the patio. I have a couch and Charlie sits against the arm. I lay my head on his lap and look at all the stars. The fairy lights are off and we stare at he stars.
"I love you more than all those stars, Meghan. Never forget it." I smile and hold his hand.
"I wont" and with that I fell asleep, Charlie stroking my hair. My stomach woke me up. It felt like I was being stabbed. Bathroom, now. I run inside and spill my guts into the toilet. I feel soft hands pulling my hair back. I lean against the toilet as Charlie ties my hair back. He gets me a bottle of water from the fridge.
"Angel, you okay?" He rubs my back. I nod and take a sip from my water. I vomit three more times and then wash my mouth out.
"The god damn fucking flu" I sigh and curl into a ball on my bed. Charlie brings me a bucket and saltine crackers. "Thanks, heaven" I say. Im delirious. I think I may have called Charlie skittles a few times? I kinda like it... "Skittles" I call, laughing hoarsely.
"Taste the rainbow" Charlie laughs. I crack up and run to the bathroom to puke. Shit. Okay no more hysterical laughing Meghan. I rinse my mouth out. I walk back to the bedroom and cuddle next to Charlie. The lights are off and I'm staring into his dark eyes. He sings lightly in my ear until I fall asleep. LIFE FUCKED UP MY PERFECT DAY.

*charlies pov*

I sing softly in Meghan's ear until she falls asleep. She was fine earlier, her perfect blonde hair bouncing in her shoulders. I feel bad for her but I guess you have to expect her to get sick after that fever. I sing her favorite songs like 'cheerleader' and 'want to want me'. She moans and hugs me. I hug her back.
-the next morning-
I brush her hair away from her face as she stirs awake.
"Charlie" she gasps and sits upright. "I had a dream the we had a daughter and we went to the waterfall and someone shot me and her and we died." I stare at her wide eyed.
"Was her name Emily?" Meghan nods.
"How'd you know" she asks.
"Because I had that dream two nights ago, the same exact dream Meghan." She gasps. Holy fuck. "Why do we keep having these dreams?" She shakes her head. She starts crying.
"Charlie, this is fucked up" she cries and looks at her phone. I look at it. Someone commented on her Instagram picture. They commented 'your ugly'.
"My darling, this world is a fucked up place" I say and hug her while she cries.