chapter thirty four~ SHE WAS WHERE

*Charlie's pov*

"He. Took. Charlotte!" Meghan starts crying and her breath is coming in quick, short gasps. My body goes numb. I pull Meghan into a tight hug and hold her shoulders, reassuringly cupping her face.
"Shh, Shh. We are going to find her. I promise" I say. She nods, more emotion filling her eyes than ever before. She is shaking and we go downstairs. I call Ryan and Stephen. Ryan comes in and hugs Meghan.
"My baby's gone" she sobs. Stephen starts looking on his phone. He's sort of a hacker.
"Everybody shoes on, we are going now" I say, nobody disobeying. Brooklyn and Saylor sit silently in the back of the car next to Mikaela, Emmy, Ryan and Stephen. Meghan is holding my hand tightly. I park in the middle of downtown.
"Charlie, how are we gonna find her. We don't even know where to start. She could be anywhere" Meghan sobs. I kiss the top of her head.
"Shh, no. We are going to find her" I reassure. Meghans phone pings and her eyes go wide with horror. She shows me the picture someone tagged her in.
"SHE'S AT A PARK" Meghan screeches.
"Okay okay, split up. Ryan with Saylor. Mikaela with Emmy and Stephen and Brooklyn with us. Logan can go with you, Ryan" I order. Everyone gets out of the car and we all split up in our groups. We start walking through the streets, fast. Brooklyn is panting, but keeping up with us just fine.
"You shouldn't be running" Meghan says to her.
"Nobody at school knows yet, I've been doing pe, it's fine" she says.
"Ill have to get a doctors note. Its not good for her" Meghan says again, and I know she is just trying to keep calm. She slips her hand into mine and we round a corner, entering the first park. We split up. I show an old couple a picture of Charlotte.
"Have you seen her" I ask. They stare at the picture.
"Yes, she was here just about five minutes ago, with a man. She looked really scared. They went that way" the woman says, pointing to the far corner. I nod. "Thanks." Brooklyn and Meghan rush up to me.
"Did you find anything" they both ask. I nod and start walking quickly to the other side of the park.
"Brooklyn" someone sneers. She freezes and crosses her arms over her stomach, glaring as she turns around. Meghan and I look at each other.
"Kendra" Brooklyn says her name, disgust filling her tone.
"Your pregnant" she observes, smiling wickedly.
"And your a tramp" Brooklyn retorts. I look at Meghan, who is forcing herself to contain her laughter.
"You little SLUT" Kendra spits back.
"I'm not the walking STD, thank you very much" Brooklyn replies cooly.
"I'm sooooo telling everyone" she sneers.
"Go ahead, I honestly don't give a fuck. Now if you'll excuse me, I need to find my little sister" Brooklyn says, turning back to us. Meghan's eyes flick from Kendra to Brooklyn.
"Woah, your Meghan Trainor" she gasps.
"Um...yeah" Meghan says.
"I love you" she says in awe. Brooklyn makes a sound of disgust.
"Great! I love meeting fans, but right now I kinda need to find my daughter so..." Meghan says. We all turn and start walking away.
"BROOKLYN YOU LITTLE SLUT. I'M TELLING EVERYONE WHO YOUR PARENTS ARE" Kendra yells after us. Brooklyn responds by flipping her off. Meghan starts laughing and so do I.
"Who was that" I ask in disbelief. I didn't know children could be so mean to each other.
"Kendra Wilson" she spits.
"Thee cheer leading whore who tried to get with Jace" Meghan asks.
"The one and only" brooklyn answers as we reach the edge of the park. We ask more people, but they don't know. My phone rings.
"3910 STEARLING AVENUE" Emmy screams and hangs up. I snag a cab and tell him the address. We pull up in front of an abandoned looking warehouse. Everyone else is already there. I make Stephen stay outside with Brooklyn and Logan as the rest of us slowly enter the building. Nathan is standing in the middle of a sun patch, holding a screaming Charlotte. Meghan has to clamp a hand over her mouth to stop her whimper from escaping.
"Mama! Dada" Charlotte cries.
"Shut up" he roars and slaps her hard across the face. Rate flares inside of me and Ryan and I charge forward. We knock Nathan to the ground and Emmy is already in the phone with the cops. Meghan runs over and picks up Charlotte. Charlotte hugs her tightly and screams into her. The cops bust in and Charlotte is shaking so bad in meghans arms and I come over. Um all bloody from where Nathan attacked me. Meghan is crying too. I pull them both into a hug and Charlotte reaches for me. I take her and stroke her hair softly. We all go outside and the police ask us questions. I tell them about the break in while Meghan sits with me and Charlotte in the ambulance. Brooklyn is in another ambulance, getting the babys vitals checked. Meghan is holding an ice pack on a traumatized Charlotte's face.
"Mama" she asks, looking up.
"Yes baby" Meghan asks, lightly stroking her cheek.
"I want food" she giggles. Meghan tears up.
"Didn't think I'd hear that again" she smiles and kisses Charlotte's forehead. "What do you want to eat, Cece" she coos.
"Pizza" she squeaks happily.
"Glad you didn't get traumatized" I laugh under my breath, streatching my fingers out. She giggles and the paramedics say we can go home. We order a pizza and Brooklyn goes straight to bed. We out the twins to bed then go into our bedroom.

*meghans pov*

We go into our bedroom. I silently get into my pajamas and sit on the edge of the bed, staring at the floor. None of us has spoken since we got home. I know we are all so scared. Charlotte insisted on Logan sleeping with her, and he didn't want to leave her side. So, we let them sleep together. Emmy is going to take Brooklyn to her appointment tomorrow, and Stephen and Mikaela are taking the twins so Charlie and I get some alone time. Today's events are playing on a loop in my mind. I start crying. Charlie wraps his arms around me from behind and I sob into him.
"Shh, Shh. Darling, everything is fine. We got her back, didn't we" he asks. I nod, unable to speak. He tilts my face up, kissing me. I hug him, tears falling at a less rapid pace. "Love, please stop crying" he pleads. I look at him. He leans down and kisses my tears away. I let out a breathy laugh.
"I love you, Charlie. If I ever lose you I don't know what I'd do" I whisper, my tears still falling. He swipes them away with his thumb.
"I love you too" he says, laying down next to me. I yawn and fall into a fitful sleep. Brooklyn screams. I don't even look at Charlie and spring our if bed, to find Brooklyn standing in the hallway, clutching her stomach.
"Whats wrong" I ask. She's crying.
"It hurts. Like stabbing" she sobs. "Mommy."
"Charlie, go get the twins now" I order, helping Brooklyn to the stairs. Charlie straps the twins in and Brooklyn is crying in pain. We get to the ER and I help Brooklyn inside. They rush her into a bed with a wheelchair and force me, Charlie and the twins to stand behind a curtian. Doctors bustle in and out of Brooklyn's area. Finally, a doctor comes and sits across from us.
"It seems as if your daughter was in the early stages of a miscarriage. We stopped it but she's going to need to be on bed rest until the end of her pregnancy. Your lucky you came before the bleeding started, then it would have been to late. She's asleep right now, but you can go see her if you want. He gets up and we follow him. Charlotte coughs a little. I press my cheek to her forehead and feel a slight fever.
"Do we ever get a break!?" No.