Chapter twelve- big birthday surprise

*meghans pov*
(Two months later)
Let me share this exciting news with you. CHARLIE AND I BOUGHT A HOUSE AND HAVE JUST FINISHED MOVING IN. Un packing was a bitch but it's finally done. Another exciting tidbit: it's my birthday! I don't know about you, but I'm feeling 22. Sorry, got a little carried away there. As I expected, Charlie is gone. I roll over and meet a card face first. I rub my forehead and open it.

Dear Meghan,
Today is your birthday so we are gonna play a game,

Oh shit

Follow the rose petals to find me.

I roll off the bed and follow the rose petals to the bathroom where a warm bath is waiting. I get in and wash my hair. When I get out I wrap my robe around me and follow a new trail of petals back to the bedroom, where a huge box lays. I open it and gasp. A beautiful turquoise dress is inside with a new pair of black heels. I put on the dress; a full skirt that falls just above my knee. I go back to the bathroom and do my makeup, brush my teeth, deodorant, all that jazz. I follow yet another new rose petal trail, down the stairs to the back door, My heels clicking on the marble stairs and floor. Charlie greets me at the door.
"Good evening milady" he greets and smiles.
"Good evening, dumb fuck" I laugh. He just smiles lovingly at me and leads me down the deck stairs to the split back yard; half an acre of grass and the other half is our pool. I am so happy! We have a pool.
"Happy birthday" he says. I kiss him as we turn the corner to the grass.
"It's just another day for me to love you." He kisses me again and I hear Emmy fake gagging. I roll my eyes and pull apart. Ashlee is aweing, she has always been the most romantic. Who I see next is what shocks me. I run to them.
"Mom" I throw my arms around her.
"Happy birthday" she kisses me.
"Daddy!" I hug him.
"Happy birthday baby girl" he smiles.
"Baby bro" I yell. I haven't seen my little brother, Justin in about a year. He hugs me then turns back to Ryan, who is deep in conversation with Emmy. I go over to Ashlee.
"Hey" she greets.
"Go," I nod to Justin. "You know, he's had a crush on you since the first day of kindergarten. Last time I checked he still does" I push her in his direction.
"Meg-" she starts. I cut her off and push her into Justin. I turn to Charlie.
"Thank you, fuck face" I laugh and roll my eyes. He smiles and pulls my waist closer. I stop him.
"Not so fast" I say right before his lips connect with mine. God damn he's so cute! He stares at me, I laugh and head to our little picnic table. After we eat, I can't find Charlie anywhere. "Where's my boo at?" Ashlee points to the pool. I walk over to Charlie and his eyes light up when he sees me. Do I do that to him? I know he does it to me. I grab his hand and lead him to a pool chair. We sit side by side and Charlie wraps one of his arms around me. He suddenly turns to face me. He pulls something out of his pocket. A ring with a large diamond in the centre. Fuck... Holy fuck. He kneels down. I cover my mouth with my right hand, wiping away tears with the left.
"Meghan Elizabeth Trainor, will you be mine forever" he asks. I nod, speechless. He slides the ring on and I kiss him. He picks me up and spins me around.
"FINALLY" Emmy screams. I laugh.
"Remind me to kill her later" I joke to Charlie as he kisses me again. He slips his arm around my waist as we walk back to everyone. Emmy and Ashlee run over to me and my dad talks to Charlie. After about another hour everyone leaves. Charlie and I have just finished cleaning up and now I am sitting at the kitchen island, admiring my ring, as Charlie makes himself a sandwich.
"Why do your brothers and dad think I'm going to hurt you? If I ever lay a fucking hand on you, I will kill myself." He sits across from me and hands me half of the sandwich.
"Well, in high school, the boys I dated, or thought I was dating, were pricks, to say the least. That's why Ryan is so... Ryan" I laugh dryly. I remember that one kid... James was it? He said I'd be really hot if I was ten pounds lighter. I shake my head sadly at the memory. Charlie hugs me from behind.
"Meghan I swear on our love that I will never hurt you." I lean my head back onto his shoulder. We finish our sandwich. I get up to walk upstairs, but Charlie grabs me and picks me up.
"Ms. Trainor, I do believe our engagement calls for a celebration" he says, a devilish look on his face. Oh god, I know what is happening next. I would be lying if I said I wasn't excited. I scream as he chases me up the stairs. I kick off my heels and continue running. I pull my dress over my head and fling it on the stairs. He is only wearing his underware. I Un clip my bra as Charlie tackles me on the bed. I smile as he kisses me. I kiss him again and let my fingers roam through his hair. He kisses my neck. Now, I won't go into details here. Use those good inference skills you have to answer this question; what do you think Charlie and I did? I'll give you a minute to think about it... Okay, if you said we had sex, you are 100 percent correct. I lay on my back, breathing heavily, and Charlie's arm is wrapped around me.
"We are getting married" I whisper. He strokes my hair.
"I know, future Mrs. Puth" he snickers.
"We'll see" I tease.
"Hey!" He kisses my shoulder. I smile.
"Take me on a date, don't forget the flowers every anniversary and you should be fine." I yawn. I snuggle into Charlie and fall asleep. I wake up to the scent of bacon. I smile and throw on a pair of sweat pants and a tank top. I walk down the stairs slowly, but stop halfway down.
"You got me in chains, you got me in chains for your love but I wouldn't change, no, I wouldn't change this love. You got me in chains, you got me in chains for your love but I wouldn't change, no, I wouldn't change this love. Tryna break the chains but he chains only break me. Tryna break the chains but the chains only-" I am standing, unnoticed, behind him.
"Break me" I finish. He jumps and turns around, revealing a pancake on the floor.
"Jesus" he says and cleans up the pancake. I sit at the island and grab a strawberry from a colander in the sink. He hands me a plate of bacon and pancakes. I finish and hug him.
"Thank you" I say and walk back towards the stairs, where our clothes lead a trail to the bedroom. He grabs my wrist and spins me around.
"I don't think so, Ms. Trainor." He cups my face and I kiss him. I stumble backwards with Charlie until my legs hit the couch. I slide down onto the couch. I'm on my back now and Charlie is on top of me. I stop him before he can finish taking my shirt off.
"I can't. I have to go grocery shopping today" I whine and roll off the couch. I dart up he stairs and pick up my dress and heels on the way. I dress in a black SHORT sleeved shirt and black leggings. I put a black and white stripped skirt over and pull the waist up to my ribs. It falls mid thigh. I wear my usual five inch heels. I do all my makeup, hygiene, hair stuff and walk back down stairs. Charlie is still on he couch, pouting. I playfully smack his head. "If you think pouting will make me change my mind, it wont" I say. "It'll come damn close, but not all the way" I whisper under my breath. He smirks and kisses my hand.
"Meg, be careful out there" he says. I nod and grab my purse. I drive to the store and two hours, a couple of tearful hugs and selfies, later I make it home.

(A/n: ahhhhhhh! Okay sorry no Charlie's pov this chapter cause I'm to lazy! What do u guys think about me writing part of the next chapter in third person pov? Comment, vote thanks for almost 800 reads!)