chapter twenty five- yikes

*Brooklyn's pov*

Crap! They saw it. Uhhhhhh! I slowly drag my feet across the floor, keeping my gaze on the floor while they inspect my ribs. I hear my mom sniffle as she reads it. It is an infinity symbol with Perri and Max written in the loops. The whole thing is maybe an inch long.
"Care to explain" my dad asks as my mom leans her head on his shoulder.
"I just didn't want to forget. It was my fault Perri died. I knew I was supposed to check on her, but she wasn't making any noise and I thought she was asleep. I never want to forget my dumbass mistake, I'm so sorry" I say the last scentance with dripping sarcasm. My mom straightens up and looks at me.
"Brooklyn, nothing that happened to that baby was your fault. Uncle should have never left you alone. We have forgiven him, seriously. Stop beating yourself up about it. And how do you remember Max? You we're two. It was my fault, I tripped" my mom says, stepping back to my dad. I shake my head and grab my dance bag off the floor, running upstairs to my room and locking the door. Charlotte taps our secret knock on the door and I let her in. I quickly change into a mid thigh fit and flare purple dress. Putting on dark eye shadow and lipstick, Charlotte finally speaks.
"Where are you going" she asks.
"A pharm party" I reply simply, going into the bathroom, looking for moms birht control.
"Oh, like animals" she asks.
"No" I say.
"Okayeee" she says, twirling her perfectly straight waist length platinum blonde hair around her finger.
"You can't tell them. I don't know what time I'll be back" I say, shoving the packet in my wristlet, going to the window.
"I promise" she says. I give her a hug.
"Thanks. Will you tell them I'm asleep" I ask. She nods and follows me out the window and then disappears into the house through the back door. My bedroom door locks from the inside, that's why. I make my way through the bushes and around to the front of the house, where my boyfriend, Zac, waits. I kiss him and then we are off. I hope mom didn't need theses pills. As soon as we get there, I realize this was a huge mistake.

*Charlotte's pov*

I sneak back up to my room to finish practicing my cheer routine. I hear a knock on my door and then my mom comes in.
"Charlotte, you can't tell your dad. Okay" she seems worried. I nod.
"Of course" I say, sitting next to her on the bed.
"I'm pregnant" she sighs shakily. Woah.
"Are you sure" I ask. She nods and pulls her shirt up. There is a small bump, but it's still big enough for you to see it. She pulls her shirt back down and I hug her.
"Don't tell" she says. I nod.
"Of course" I say.
"I know Brooklyn snuck out. Where'd she go" she asks. Shit! Okay. Think Charlotte think! Come on, your taking high school level classes in seventh grade. Use the brain you have!!!
"She made me promise not to tell" I said. Wow, great thinking.
"Okay. I understand" she says and kisses the top of my head. I sit at my desk and finish the producing I was doing earlier. Alrighty, bed time. Its Friday whoop whoop.

~~~~~
My lights are flicked on.
"Charlotte, wheres Brooklyn" my mom comes in paniked.
"At a party" I say.
"I need you to come with me now" my mom says, grabbing my hand and pulling me to the car.
"Why, what happened" I ask, fully awake now.
"Brooklyn called me and told me to pick her up because everyone was getting drunk and she couldn't because, surprise she's fucking pregnant. I can't believe that little slut" she rants as we drive.
"Mom, calm down. You don't mean that. Your just tired and, well, pregnant. Your not mad at her, you love her. you are just worried about her" I say, trying to calm her down.
"Your right" her face softens and we are silent the rest of the way. Brooklyn climbs into the back of the car.
"Mommy, I'm sorry" she says.
"Its okay, I'm just glad your safe. Are you seriously pregnant" my mom asks. Brooklyn looks down.
"Not anymore" she whispers. My mom pulls over to the side of the road.
"What the hell do you mean, not anymore" she twists in her seat.
"I got a pill, this morning" she says. Harsh.
"Okay. Well, let's leave this behind us. Have you two packed" she asks. She's cool as hell. We both nod. Brooklyn is going off to college and I'm going to boarding school...