chapter seventeen- fo shizzle

(four months later)
*meghans pov*
I sigh and re position the blanket over my lap and stomach. Today I am exactly nine months pregnant. Suddenly, my phone rings loudly from the coffee table. I groan as I reach over to grab it, barely being able to.
"Hello" I ask, not recognizing the number.
"Hello, Mrs. Puth. This is doctor Evans. I was just calling to let you know that you can be officially off bedrest. I also wanted to see how you were doing. Mothers who have that kind of experience have a tendency to...harm themselves or the baby" she says. I kind of just sit there, shocked. Why would I- would anyone- want to harm themselves or their baby? "Mrs. Puth" she asks again, waiting patiently for my response.
"I'm sorry, but do you think I am the type of person who would do that? Do I look like some teenage girl who doesn't have enough money for an abortion. Look, I don't mean to be bitchy-"
"No, don't apologize. I understand I may have come off as accusing, but I meant far from it. Enjoy your day, Meghan" she says and hangs up. I immediately feel terrible. Only then do I notice Charlie, standing cautiously at the doorway. I sigh and he comes over to me.
"It's a beautiful day, wanna go to the zoo'' he asks, hugging me. I nod into him. I go get ready. I put on a long turquoise and black striped maternity dress and do my makeup, curling my hair. I grab some black sandals and take them downstairs with a small wristlet for my phone and money.
''Char, will you put these on for me'' I ask. I cant bend more that three inches over my stomach.
''Absolutely'' He says and slips my feet into them. My giant ankles probably look SO attractive. I sigh and put my sunglasses on as Charlie leads me towards the entrance to the zoo. We slowly walk through the maze of enclosures. Something about the tigers makes me linger at their enclosure. One of them is pacing back and forth in front of the gate, growling at everybody. I make eye contact and now I am having a staring contest with a tiger. The tiger pounces at the gate, rattling it. I scream and jump back. I realize there is nothing to grab onto and that I am going to fall, I brace for impact. It doesn't come. Instead I find Charlie, holding onto my arm as tightly as possible. I look down, only to see that my stomach is inches from the ground. Charlie hoists me back to my feet and I hug him.
''you okay'' he asks, hugging me tightly.
''yeah, I'm just tired. Can we sit for a bit,'' I ask. Growing a tiny human inside of you is VERY exhausting. He guides me towards a bench ad we sit, I rub my belly as I feel movement. ''You know, I'm surprised no one has noticed us yet'' I say. As if on cue, a high pitched scream sounds in close proximity. I sigh as I see two teenage girls running towards us. Dont get me wrong, I LOVE my fans, I would be nothing without them, but I'm not in a very good mood today, I dont know why. We talk to the girls for a few minutes and take a couple of selfies, for proof, and then Charlie takes me back to the car. I sing along to the radio mindlessly, and only then do I notice that Charlie has pulled onto the side of the road. ''Hey'' I say. He shushes me with a kiss as he reaches for a bag behind my seat. He pulls out a paper bag and the wonderful smell of food fills the car. I smile as he pulls out a burger from in-n-out. I make a grab for it and Charlie pulls it back.
"Whats the magic word'' he asks, a faint smile on his lips. He's enjoying this? Fuck him, he's evil.
''Your evil,'' I say and glance down into the bag, it's full of fries. I grab a fry and shove it into my mouth. ''Fries before guys,'' I say when I'm done, ''And I'm pretty sure the magic word is 'Give me my food because I'm an agitated pregnant woman who needs food and a nap, and if she doesnt get either of those in the next thirty minutes, someone is going to die and I'm pretty sure its going to be you because you are withholding both of those thing from me' smartass'' I say. He drops the burger into my hand as I make another wild grab for it. I lean back in my seat, ''Thank you.''
''Your welcome'' he says and pulls his burger out. After I eat that and some fries, we start driving agin. We stop at a corner store and I get a blue raspberry icee. I finish it as Charlie opens the door. I toss it in the garbage and trudge upstairs. ''You taking a nap'' Charlie asks form the bottom of the stairs. I nod and lay on the bed. I pull a fuzzy blanket over me and am asleep in a matter of seconds.