Chapter two

{Dear Mikey}

_______________||||||||______________

"Those are divorce papers" I look at him shocked, I quickly open the envelope to see for myself and indeed it's divorce papers.

"I want a divorce, and I need the documents signed as soon as possible" he says looking into my eyes, I want nothing more but to say so much to the man in front of me but no amount of words would express how I'm feeling right now.

"You can keep the house, I'll just take my car and that's all I want from this marriage" This marriage? He says it as if I'm nothing to him as if all of this is nothing, I don't know why or how but I certainly saw this coming but not this early, I hate to admit it but I've been secretly waiting for this dreadful day ever since he's been with another it's like he's a different person.

"I'm gonna go and put Ira to bed, you just sign the papers" he stands up and leaves, I watch him walk away I go through the papers. I stand up and head over to my bedroom, I'll clean up in the morning, I will not force him to stay in a marriage he doesn't want at some point in life you've got to accept that some things come to end whether you want it to come to an end or not that either way it will just end. The only person I worry so much about is Ira, just how much this is going to affect her,I enter my room and head straight for bed I'll deal with everything else in my dreams because that's the only place that's peaceful.

================

"Daddy I hope you stay with us forever" are the first words I wake up to in the morning when I enter the kitchen, him still being here is a shocker for me he never stays.

"Mommy!" Ira comes running into my arms.

"Baby, I see you're making breakfast" I say picking her up, I look over at Michale and then back at Ira, he probably just stayed to discuss the divorce "Yes and daddy's helping me make it" she whispers the last part into my ear, I smile at how happy and shy she is.

"Well I can't wait to taste the breakfast you're making" I say kissing her cheek and putting her down, she runs to climb onto the counter. I decide to go and freshen up quickly.

When I come back down, they are both sitting by the dinning table, I take a sit on the other side of the both of them

"Mom"

I sit there silently thinking about the divorce and what everyone's going to think, people are going to say I failed to keep my marriage intact, together, all the pity I'm going to receive from people, God knows I tried to hold on and even now I believe I'm still holding on and I'm not holding on for Ira only but for myself as well you don't just fall out of love over night, it takes time.

I stand up to collect all plates and then I sit back down.

"I'll sign the papers" I say, I look up at him, and he nods, ignoring the little smile that forms on his lips as soon as I said that "Ira, go play outside rainbow" she runs outside and we just sit there silently.

"Just like that? What's the deal? " he asks

"No deal just conditions... Or a condition"

" I knew it, and what's that? Money?" he says, I glare at him at the mention of money.

"That's as good as an insult, I don't want your money you can keep it... I need you to...." I breathe in, "On condition that you stay in this house for 30 days...with us " I say, he chuckles.

"That's it? Why?"

"That's my condition if you really want these papers signed, why that is, is for me to know"

"I'll think about it" he says simply clearly annoyed.

"I know how badly you want these papers signed, I'll be outside with Ira... Oh and Congrats on your engagement" I stand up and leave
It's impossible to get married when you're still married, that is why he's in a hurry to get them signed, how I know about their engagement, her nosy friends told me.

Flash back

I'm in line to see the doctor when two ladies sit next to me, this doctor's appointment has me nervous.

"Mrs Roberts?" A nurse calls out

"Yes" I smile

"You're up next"

"Wait you look familiar, I knew I knew you from somewhere, you're Michale Roberts wife aren't you" One the ladies says, and I give a small smile and nod.

"Reana don't" the other says.

"I only know Michale through a friend" Reana says, and how she knows me is what I wanted to ask.

"Reana"

"They're like really close too"

"Uhmmmm-"

"Yeah, and when Hannah introduced us to him we became close friends" Oh I've heard that name a little too many times, it's a name Michale spits at me when he's trying hurt me, I've never met her but I have seen her pictures, she is quite beautiful.

"Oh, I've never heard of a Hannah before today, but I'm glad my husband still makes friends, it was nice meeting you guys-"

"And oh, their proposal-"

"Proposal?"

"Reana!"

"Oh he didn't tell you?"

"Reana you shouldn't have"

"What I thought she knew, Ooops"

"Mrs Roberts are you coming in" The Doctor calls.

He got engaged?

"Mrs Roberts? "

End of flash back

That day I knew I had become the other woman, and that I had lost a war which already was losing battle anyway, no matter what I did my marriage was long over long before she entered our lives, and I simply was to blame for it I kept on holding onto loose strings until eventually they slowly began to break, my love wasn't enough to keep him our daughter wasn't an enough reason for him to consider his actions and Mike, was more a reason for him to want leave, because in his eyes I'm the reason he isn't here today.

In the end, I'm the woman who never saw the smoke of the fire that burnt her.

___________(diverselyunique) _________

Chapter two huh? What do you guys think so far? Any ideas if he will accept the condition? And if he does what will change or happen...

Anyways thank you for reading and coming back for chapter two I really appreciate it.

Let's look forward to chapter three yeah?

Comment,Follow and Vote and remember to

Spread some love

Yours truly
-Diverselyunique