Chapter 17

Day 21: Speed dating

"You still owe me an explanation for why you didn't make it to my awards ceremony, I didn't forget" Kayla says sitting next to me on the couch.

"But I explained that the car broke do-"

"No but that's not all that happened, I feel like a whole lot more happened" she says wiggling her eyebrows.

"Since when are you vouching for us? I thought we agreed I'm done"

"We did agree but a little fun won't hurt in fact I liked the pool scene from yesterday" she says, and a whole lot of flashbacks hit me "but even though I liked it he's a jerk, hence I did something" she says smiling widely at me.

"Kay, what did you do this time" I ask looking concerned.

"I set you up with a blind date, well dates actually" I don't react and just stare at her.

"Blind dates what for" someone says from behind us, we turn to look, at the same time and find Michale standing there.

"For finding love" Kayla rolls her eyes.

"Why would she need to find love when she's married" he asks sternly.

"To who?you? Yeah right, and anyways you want a divorce and you're engaged...apparently" she fires back, I sigh, this was the last thing I needed honestly.

"But that doesn't matter because we haven't signed yet so she's still married to me" he says as a matter of fact, why is he so bothered?

"So she can't go on dates yet you can with Helina? That's not fair and it doesn't make sense, she's going on these dates whether you like it or not" I watch as they go back and forth and honestly I was getting tired.

"Well if she really wants to go on dates I'll take her to one" he says and the room goes quiet.

"You'll drive her to them? You're so sweet atleast now we have a chauffeur an-"

"No not drive her but... Take her on a date... With me" he says looking right at me.

"oh" Kayla says.

I just silently watch him, his ocean blues into my green eyes as we try to read each other's reactions and expressions.

"Awkwardddddd" Kayla whispers and we break the eye contact. He then walks away without a word and my eyes shoot daggers at Kayla.

"What did I do now" she asks confused.

"Alot" she smiles at me "and I am not doing the whole blind date thing, he's right I'm married and until I've signed the div-"

"Blah blah blah, Lana, truth be told you guys are barely even together, I mean when was the last time you shared the bed with that man?" I look down, trying to remember wasn't it like 5 years ago? The day before he died.

"I don't even want to know the answer to that so I need you to please loosen up, this whole I'm married, married to who?"

"You're so right, I mean I have been the one to remain loyal yet he went around doing whatever the f*ck he wanted" I cover my mouth quickly realizing I swore.

"YES, that is the spirit but no more swearing for you it doesn't suit you" I laugh and she pulls me up from the couch "come on, tonight is speed dating night"

"Wait... Tonight?" she wiggles her eyebrows and drags me to my room.

What did I get myself into.

***
Date one: Bob