Chapter Six

For anyone who's gotten to this chapter thank you, thank you so much I appreciate you all ♡

================

Day 3: No broken promises

"What do you mean he's going to live here... Again" Kayla asks, as her face flushes red, probably because she seemingly can't get what I've tried explaining atleast ten times.

"Kayla focus" I say, giving her small smile "It's thirty days, he is going to live with us for thirty days and only then after, am I going to sign the divorce papers"

"But why?" she asks confused I give her a look of confusion "Why the thirty days and why are you signing the divorce papers not that I'm discouraging but I don't like the fact that Helena will think she's won" she rumbles.

"It's Hannah not Helena, and she hasn't won. Kayla I'm tired honestly, it's been five years I waited I was patient I kept my vows for a marriage that was long destroyed and honestly speaking it's not Hannah's fault. I've hid all the pain that I've been through and I'm tired, I love you but you wouldn't understand because you haven't been married yet and you don't have kids to think about and I know you love Ira just like your own child one of the reasons why you're her God mother, God knows deep down that I still love him and even now if he would change his mind and say he wants to come back I would allow him back with open arms" I stop to take a breather.

"The thirty days is to unite Ira and Michale and it's for my heart to find more reasons to let go"

"Oh Ilana, God knows how much hate I carry for that man as he has put you through so much, I was there I saw it, how it affected and destroyed you and I hope you don't blame yourself for the things that happened I just want you to know that I'll be there when you want to vent or cry or even hit someone but I feel like there's more to this than you're telling but I respect you and believe that you'll tell me with time" she says, of course she'd notice that there's something I'm hiding, I lean forward to hug her.

"Wherever you got the thirty days idea from I surprisingly like it, for Ira" I laugh and nod.

"Now out with it" I say, staring deep into her eyes "Out with wha-what?"

"You've been acting weird alot since you got here what is it I know you wanna tell me"

"It's nothing" she says, her nose begins to twitch "Darn" she curses, I laugh at her attempt to keep shut

"My nose twitched didn't it" she asks, I nod "Unfortunately yes"

"I've started dating again" she says quickly and holds her mouth shut with her waiting foy my reaction, my eyes widen at the new information.

"Kayla no ways, when?how? Who?" I ask with excitement lased in my voice

"It hasn't been long and we only started dating not so long ago actually" I smile widely at her.

"Can I get a name, tell me everything"

"Only if you agree to have lunch with me, I'm starving" I smile at her once again attempt to get me out the house

"Deal"

=============

"Is that cough contagious?" Kayla asks me as I get into a feat of coughs.

"No of course not, it's nothing major, so tell me"

"Well, what do you want know" she asks, shyly.

"Kayla his name first, how you guys met"

"Uhm his name is... Abraham?" she says, she quickly covers a nose acting like she's scratching it "Today is awfully cold, even my nose twitching" I squint my eyes at her.