Chapter NINE

"All done" I say dusting my hands together, I looked up at him to find him looking at me weirdly "What?" With the moon now being our only source of light. "Is there something on my face?" I ask, taking the bottle of water and washing my hands, when he doesn't reply I just shrug it off.

"Well looks like we missed it" I say, opting to start a conversation.

"My phone's battery low and Kayla is going to kill me" he nods in agreement.

"Hannah probably is throwing a fit"

Sting

I had forgotten. I simply give him a small smile, "We should get going" I say and get into the car, he enters and starts for engine "Sadly this dress is going to waste, as dirty as it is I think it's still cute" I say mostly to myself but it looks like he heard me when he says.

"It doesn't have to, we could stop by..." he stops himself "No it's silly nevermind" he says, I look up at him urging him to continue. "I just thought since we haven't eaten anything, we should probably stop by somewhere and take a bite" he finally says.

"I would love that"

***

"You were never one to try new things, that's why you have terrible taste buds" he says, I gasp.

"Terrible taste buds? Me? Says the person who ate a crocodile's tongue without knowing that it was a crocodile's tongue and still didn't enjoy it, I for one liked it" I remind him, he inwardly shivers and I laugh, we had decided to find a place nearby where we were and luckily for us, there was a restaurant close by which happened and appeared to be a restaurant for the farmers around and so the way we were dressed was not quite close to the people who were there, but that didn't bother us at all.

"Ira's coming tomorrow?" he asks and I nod and just then our food comes, my stomach clearly happy at the sight.

"Thank you" I say, to the waitress, who has been oogling over at Michale but I don't blame her, Michale doesn't know it or if he does he ignores but women always fan themselves when they see him, he will walk into a room and all the heads will turn, perks of being attractive but not ever acknowledging it.

We begin to dig in quietly, both of us letting our thoughts consume us, This is the most peaceful we've ever been, wondering why but ignoring the sick answers my head will probably come up with, I look across see him watching me, making me wonder if he still sees me the same way he did when we met, With love, because I still do even after all that's happened, I'll forever look at him with the same eyes I did in the beginning.

"Ilana?" he says softly, I break out of my thoughts and look him in the eyes "I asked do you want to order anything else or we can leave" he says, In a hurry already?... Of course he is, He has a fiancee who's waiting for him and I-

"What's the rush?" I ask in a whisper, wondering why my stupid mouth would ask that, because I want to know I need to know that he wants to see her, he needs to say her name just so I can numb the pain and let my heart allow me to let go, because that's the only way and with only twenty two more days to go, I just realised that I need to find twenty two ways and reasons for my heart to let go.

"I need to see and check on Hannah and apologise, she must be worried sick about me"

Sting

Finally, just what I needed to hear, Don't let it hurt you, he obviously loves her that shouldn't be a surprise to you anymore I smile, grateful for the time I had spent with him today because this has to be the longest we've ever gone to being close and without him spitting in my face. He still hates you though and I'll always love him.

"Let's go then" I say, he nods and calls to make the payment and we walk out, removing my shoes to release my feet and let my feet sink into the roughness of the gravel, we walk in pace until we get to the car, he checks his phone and realises it's dead and sighs heavily, taking mine out I hand over to him with the little battery it has, he looks confusedly at me and I give him a small smile.

"Call her" I say placing my phone in his hands, his eyes widen slightly but quickly go back to their normal size "I don't think that's-" he begins when I cut in shaking my head.

"Don't think just do" abit hesitant at first but he finally takes it and stands outside the car.

"Hannah it's me...calm down sweetheart I'm okay, my car broke down while I was on my way...it's-its a friend's phone... I'm on my way there right now...okay me too" having heard their entire conversation without meaning too, I decide to close my eyes and let the silence in the car consume me, a few seconds later he enters the car, making me jolt awake, he hands me back my phone "Thank you" He says and I nod.

He loves her

*************

"Ilana we're here" someone says, I wake up and look ahead, "Still a light sleeper huh" he whispers to himself but I hear and decide not to reply.

"I'm sorry" I say, he frowns and shoots a quick 'For What' in my direction. I contemplate my answer and know if I answer what my head is telling me to, he'll get angry "For sleeping throughout the journey" I decide to say.

"It wasn't a problem" he says, and we fall back into silence "Well I have to-"

"Yeah sure...should I lock the doors or" I ask, he turns towards me.

"Yeah, I'll be back tomorrow so don't wait up" Don't wait up because it's not your right to anymore.

I nod my head and open the door slowly, slowly wishing for a different outcome He wants to go see her. He loves her.

"Well then thank you for dinner tonight" I say.

"Yeah... We did have a decent meal" he replies, I grab my shoes and my other belongings and close the door shut, he winds down my side of the window "Wait let me walk you to the door" he says coming out of the car walking towards the door, when we get to the door he says I should open and wait outside He wants to make sure you're safe, I smile at the thought but stop when he comes back after turning all the lights "All done, you can go in now" I look up at him and nod, as I enter he calls out my name "You were a pretty decent Mechanic Princess today" he says and closes the door leaving me gaping trying to calm myself down and I smile, at the thought.
He complimented me

Yep he did.

___________(diverselyunique)__________

Mechanic princess has a ring to it don't you think?? Well I like it, I hope you enjoyed this chapter because I enjoyed writing it. If you've made this far please don't forget to

Comment,Follow and Vote and remember to

Spread some love

Yours truly
-Diverselyunique