Revealing the Past

"Hey, Kyoya-senpai, I was wondering, why are you and Tamaki-senpai such great friends?"

"I often wonder the same thing about you and Haruhi." I looked over at where Haruhi was talking to Tamaki-senpai and smiled.

"Yeah. I can see why. You wouldn't understand without knowing the story."

"The same would go for why I'm friends with Tamaki."

"I get it." I locked my eyes on Haruhi and started to think about how I became best friends with her.

"Aki, why do you look so serious over here?" Haruhi asked me while walking up. "Was Kyoya-senpai discussing marketing your relationship again?" I looked at Haruhi and shook my head. "What's wrong? Last time I saw that look..." Her eyes widened and she hugged me tightly. "Aki, don't worry about him. He's not here anymore. He went to jail. Even after he gets out, your father will make sure that man never comes near you again. If you need someone with you away from home, then I'll be with you always. You don't have to worry about that man ever coming near you again." I hugged her back.

"I know. It's just really upsetting to think that someone that is in my family treated me that way."

"Don't think of him as family. He doesn't deserve it."

"Thank you, Haruhi."

"Haruhi, Aki, what's going on over here?" Tamaki-senpai asked while walking up. I looked at him since he was behind Haruhi.

"After club activities wrap up, I'll tell the club as well as Umehito."

"Are you sure you want to say it, Aki?"

"Yes. I think our friends deserve to know what happened to me. Umehito does too. I'll tell them."

"Ok. I'll be there every second. I'll help you whenever you need it."

"Ok. Thank you, Haruhi. You're the best friend anyone could ever have."

"No. I think you are. After all, you've always been there for me, doing everything I need. You chased away my fears and my sadness. I want to do the same. That's all this is." I smiled and pulled away.

"I love you like a best friend... maybe even like family."

"I feel the same way about you."

~

"Ok guys. This is very hard for Aki to say so don't say anything during this. The more you interrupt, the harder it is for her to talk about it." Haruhi looked at me as I walked out from where we keep our snacks, wearing my tank top with my arms completely exposed. "Even now, you can't say anything. The story of what happened is also the story of how we became such great friends." Haruhi held her hand out so I moved from the back and over to where she was. When I walked around the couch, I heard a collective gasp from the club and Umehito. Haruhi and I linked our hands together before I turned to face the guys.

"Ok. I guess it's story time," I started softly.

-

Thirteen years ago holds my first memory. Haruhi is in that memory. Our fathers met at the tranny bar as two coworkers and became friends. They introduced our mothers to each other. Our mothers were even better friends than our fathers.

From the first moment I remember, Haruhi and I have always been together. She is the one person I've always been with. I am the same for her. When we were younger, I protected her and chased away her fears. In return, she always made me happy. We were always together, always helping each other.

Haruhi and I didn't know what friends were until long after we had become friends. Part of always being together and being what the other needs makes you rely on each other. Relying on each other was the start of our relationship. With that, we eventually started to be together more just so we could see each other because we liked each other.