My Unexpected Guests

I sighed while laying my head on the table I was at with Haruhi. We were in the club and didn't have any customers between the two of us at the moment. Haruhi gently patted my head in an attempt to get me to stop sulking.

"Come on, Aki. I'm sure he doesn't hate you," she told me.

"Yes he does. That's gotta be why he runs every time he sees that I'm around. I even stopped calling out to him in an attempt to get a sneak attack on him. It didn't work. He noticed me shortly before I could make my move and ran away." I sighed again. "I just don't get it. Nekozawa-senpai and I were getting along so well last time I saw him."

"What did you guys do?"

"I made him a snack. After that, we just talked. I told him that he could call me Aki too. If I had known he was going to avoid me, I would have just settled for saying a quick greeting in the hall. This is so sad. We were going to be great friends," I mumbled with a pout.

"There, there," she said softly while patting my back instead of my head. "You've still got some amazing friends. He'll come around too. You'll see."

"Thanks, Haruhi."

"You're welcome."

"Who are you boys? You aren't wearing the uniforms for this school, so what are you doing here?" Kyoya-senpai asked someone.

"Uh... we're looking for Tsubasa Akiyama," answered a voice I recognized. I shot to my feet so fast that my chair clattered to the ground while I spun around to face the group of boys.

"What are you doing here?" I asked softly with wide eyes. The tallest guy in the group ran over to me with a grin.

"Your dad told us where to find you! It's awesome that you're here!"

"You didn't answer my question," I responded lowly.

"Oh. Well, we came here to thank you and give you a copy of the CD." He pulled a CD out of his jacket and handed it to me. "You really helped out a lot while our keyboarder was out since he broke his hand. Thanks for that. You're the best." I smiled while looking at the CD.

"No problem. You can't just come to my school without permission though. You and I could get in a lot of trouble, you know."

"I called the school and spoke to the dean. He said I could come take a look around the school with my bandmates if I didn't cause trouble and if I waited until after school to do it," he responded with a look of pride on his face. I sighed.

"So, are you actually going to look around the school or did you just come here to find me?"

"Well, I wanted to look around the school too, but we're lost. We were talking about doing a gig here sometime since it's the school that has someone as awesome as you, but we got lost just after making it inside the gates. I thought that this was some special way to the auditorium." I sighed.

"You need a map just to walk outside your bedroom, I swear."

"Hey! I'm not that bad!"

"You got lost on your way to the bathroom in the recording studio after going to that place for almost a year!"

"It's a confusing recording studio!"

"I found my way around there, first try, without anyone's help or guidance!"

"You were just lucky!"

"It was just down the hall! You didn't even have to turn to get there!"

"It's not my fault that they make that hallway so confusing!"