First Date

"Man, Tamaki-senpai screwed up that fence," I muttered as I got back inside. I heard a small whimper from beside me just after I got inside. I turned my head and saw Tamaki-senpai shredding something. "Hey, you ok?" I asked quietly while nudging him with my shoe.

"No," he replied softly.

"What are you doing?" I asked in a soothing voice.

"I'm making a hamster home."

"But, Senpai, you don't have a hamster." I heard a familiar laugh.

"So, Aki's been giving you problems lately?" I heard the owner of that laugh ask in his familiar voice. I spun around to look at him and let my eyes widen.

"ARAI!" He jumped and turned to look at me. When he saw that it was me who shouted, he got up so I could run over and hug him tightly. "Arai, it's been so long! Last time I talked to you was over the phone to tell you that I no longer lived in the same house as I used to! The last time I saw you was graduation! It's been way too long!"

"Oh, Aki, I forgot that you were really close to Arai." I released my hold on Arai to look at Haruhi and nod.

"Yeah. Why are you bringing it up? Are you jealous that someone else is getting my attention?" I asked her teasingly.

"No way. If anything, I feel sorry for him."

"Haruhi, that comment physically pained me," I informed her while holding my chest. Arai laughed and put his hand on my shoulder.

"Don't worry Aki. I'm still here to make you feel better."

"Thank you Arai. This is why you're my second best friend."

"I thought Misuzu-chii was your second best friend." I looked at Haruhi.

"Eh?"

"Also, what about Honey-senpai, Mori-senpai, Hikaru, Kaoru," she listed.

"I get the point! Stop listing our friends or you'll just confuse me!" Haruhi and Arai both laughed at me, making me blush in embarrassment. "You guys are so mean," I whined to them both with a pout.

"Aw, she's pouting. That never stops being cute."

"Sh-shut up Arai! Just because we've known each other since pre-school doesn't give you the right to tease me about my pouting when you embarrass me with Haruhi because you two are mean and tease me!"

"I'm sorry Aki."

"You better be! You're so mean, Arai!" I lightly banged my fists against his chest while he just laughed it off.

"I'm sorry. I just tease you because we've known each other so long."

"Haruhi, what's your excuse?"

"It's funny."

"You guys are mean! I don't need my childhood friends since you two just end up being mean to me! I'm going to go find something to fix!"

"There's nothing for you to fix. Why don't you take a break as well? Haruhi just started hers," Misuzu-chii sang as he danced by.

"Did he just come by to ruin my out?"

"I think so."

"That's mean. Oh well." I sat in a spot between Haruhi and Arai where I was facing Tamaki-senpai because he was starting to worry me since he was making a hamster home for the hamster he doesn't have.

"Aki, you came in at the perfect time." I looked at Arai.

"Really?"

"Yeah. I was just about to let Fujioka know that I was kind of worried that the two of you would have a hard time going to such an elite school. I'm glad to see you both doing well." I smiled warmly at Arai. "Oh! I mean, it's not like I was the only one worried about you, lots of people were."