CHAPTER ONE

( DISSEMBLED ! )
CHAPTER ONE: BASEBALL FIELD

𝐈𝐒𝐀𝐁𝐄𝐋𝐋𝐀 𝐂𝐎𝐋𝐋𝐈𝐍𝐒 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐒𝐈𝐓𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐆 in one of the steps in the baseball field, watching the game as she heard her best friends sister, Gwen Blake, cheer her brother up. Isabella was spacing out because she found baseball tedious; she was there only to support her best friend.

"Come on, Finney, come on!" Gwen talked from next to the redhead, slightly clapping, her hand contacting the popcorn bag she held. "Do you think he can do it?"

Isabella turned to look at the brunette. "Yeah, he's pretty good."

Gwen nodded and turned her attention back to the game and her brother. Isabella followed her actions and was nervously bouncing her leg in hopes that Finney would take his team to the win.

Finney threw the ball to the two people standing before him, making a strike.

Isabella smiled slightly while Gwen cheered silently next to her. "Yes, Finney, yes!"

While her friend was preparing to throw the ball again, Isabella dug her hand into Gwen's popcorn; eating helped her calm her nerves. Finney threw the ball and made a strike two.

"Yeah!" Isabella cheered the boy. Which he heard, making him turn his head to look at her, and the girl responded with two thumbs up, mouthing 'good luck' at the same time. Finney smiled slightly at the gesture.

Finney threw the ball, but this time Bruce Yamada hit it with the bat, and the ball flew over the fence, but Finney couldn't catch it. Everyone started cheering Bruce's name while Finney stood in the middle of the field, disappointed with the loss.

Isabella stood up from the step, walking to where Finney was going to exit the field, she watched as Bruce stopped Finney to tell him something. When Finney encountered Isabella, his disappointed expression changed to a happy one.

"Hey, Bella." Finney greeted the girl, and proceeded to keep walking, to which Isabella also did.

"Hey, it was a good game, don't be sad." Isabella cheered the boy up, patting his back slightly.

"I know, I just could've done it better," Finney muttered under his breath, after a few seconds of silence, Isabella took off Finney's cap from his head.

"I'll keep this," Isabella admitted while putting it on her red curly hair, earning a slight chuckle from the boy next to her. "You can't, I need it for my next game."

"Alright." Isabella took it off, sarcastically pouting, and placed it on his head again, when they crossed the street, the girl spotted her bike and fastened her step to reach it as soon as possible. "But, promise me you'll give me that baseball cap."

"You don't even like baseball," Finney replied, crossing his arms and squinting his eyes.

"Yeah, but I like caps." The girl replied, placing her foot on the bike pedal. "You'll wait for Gwen here?" Isabella asked the boy, to which he replied with a nod of his head.

"Alright, see you tomorrow Finn." Isabella ended, pedaling away from the conversation, the smile never leaving her face.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

When the girl arrived home, she parked her metal bike on the brick wall holding her house, rushing to enter her house, knowing she was 10 minutes late from her assigned curfew, and this wasn't something that her mother approved.

Opening the front door very silently, Isabella started walking towards her room, hoping her mother wouldn't hear her black dolly shoes impact the tiles on the floor. Just as she arrived in her bedroom and closed the white wooden door, when she turned around she saw the blonde and skinny figure of her mother sitting on top of the baby pink duvet covering the white sheets.

"You're ten minutes late, Isabella." Her mother spoke through gritted teeth, coldly, standing up from the structure of the bed, walking towards her daughter until she was face to face with her. "Why are you ten minutes late?"

"I'm sorry mom, I was coming home on time, but I was caught up talking with Finney after the game-" The younger started explaining the situation, but was quickly cut off by her mother, Sarah.

"Oh, so you were with Finney, a boy," Sarah said angrily, she didn't like her daughter to hang out with boys, and especially to waste her time with them. Her mother grabbed Isabella's arm and dragged her to the bathroom, ignoring her cries of pain.

Arriving at the door frame, Sarah pushed Isabella to the ground harshly, and proceeded to close the door behind her, tears rolling down Isabella's rosy cheeks.

"You'll stay grounded for a week, and you'll only be able to go to school, no past three o'clock, you hear me?" When the only response she got was Isabella's whimpers of pain, she confirmed again. "You hear me?!"

"Yes." The little girl cried out in pain. Hearing her mother's footsteps fade away, she stood up and walked to the sink, facing the mirror a few inches above it, watching her swollen and red face with disappointment.

She just stood there, sobbing, and trying her best to free her arm of any residue of blood caused by her mom's long and sharp nails.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Lo speaks!
Y'all, the first chapter is done!! I'm super happy to finally
start this book cause I'm in love with Finney lol
Hope y'all enjoy :)

Don't forget to vote&comment