CHAPTER TEN

( DISSEMBLED ! )
CHAPTER TEN: WINDOW FAIL

𝐅𝐈𝐍𝐍𝐄𝐘 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐈𝐒𝐀𝐁𝐄𝐋𝐋𝐀 𝐖𝐄𝐑𝐄 𝐒𝐋𝐄𝐄𝐏𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐏𝐄𝐀𝐂𝐄𝐅𝐔𝐋𝐋𝐘 when the phone rang again, waking both kids up. They sat up and asked each other who would pick it up, they fought a little bit until Finney gave in and stood up to answer.

After one of the kids told him something, he repeated Billy's name, but a confused expression crept to his face before one of the green glass bottles started to move, creeping Isabella out, but Finney just walked towards it.
And the bottle dropped to the ground.

"What do you want me to call you? What do you remember?" Finney questioned, the girl assumed this was another of the kidnapped kids on the phone. "Ok, paperboy." This idea was discarded when she heard him say that, Billy was the only paperboy who got taken.

The bottle spun around multiple times before the tip of it was raised towards the window. Finney ran towards one of the walls was started struggling to rip something out of it. "Bella, come help me over here!"

"What are you doing?" Isabella asked, but her presence wasn't needed anymore when the boy pulled out a cable from it, the pair then walked towards the window and threw the cable in an attempt to hook it in one of the window's metal bars.

When this didn't work, they tried using their old method. Isabella's legs made contact with Finney's shoulders, as her height doubled, the boy passed her the cable for her to try, and she succeeded.

"Ok, I'm going to climb, you can drop me now." She gripped her hands tightly on the rope and reached the window, but this one ripped out, making the girl fall, falling on top of Finney at the movement.

Both kids groaned, but Isabella was quick to stand up to help Finney to his feet. "Are you ok? I'm so sorry Finney I didn't mean to."

"I know, I know." Their fingers were still laced together as they both looked at the window, disappointed, and the little hope that was still in their bodies started to disappear little by little.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

They were both sitting on the edge of the mattress, Isabella's head resting on one of Finney's shoulders until the door was heard again, the boy pulled Isabella with him, and they both pretended they were sleeping.

"I know you're not sleeping." The grabber spoke in a singing tone. Both kids sat up looking at him.

"We're starving," Finney informed the man.

"Tell me your names." He ordered the kids, standing still on the frame of the door. His silhouette bringing creeps on Isabella's body.

"Why do you care?" Finney fought back.

"I usually don't. I find it out eventually in the paper, they always print a nice big photo with all the details I could ever want." The idea of lying about their names left the girl's mind immediately, considering her parents probably made her name public everywhere, if the grabber found out she was lying everything would be screwed. "All the things you kids lie about."

"What's different this time?" The boy asked.

"It's complicated. It's... it's too complicated, everything's different, nothing going right." He whimpered twice, rocking back and forth.

"You could let us go," Finney suggested, the girl impatiently nodding next to him.

"I'm thinking about it." When they both heard that coming out of the man's mouth, they straightened their backs, shine creeping into their eyes. Maybe they could get out of here.

"We promise we won't tell anyone, you can blindfold us, drop us on the street, and I'll take us home." Finney dragged himself forwards, still sitting.

"Well, tell me your names." The Grabber walked a little bit forward, insisting on the matter.

"Taylor. Taylor Mullen." He answered, Isabella mentally cursed, he lied, and the grabber probably knew that.
The man turned his gaze towards Isabella, waiting for an answer.

"Isabella Collins." She spoke the truth, not knowing if this was the right thing to do. Finney slowly turned his head to look at her, a shocked look on his face.

"Thank you, Isabella." The Grabber thanked before brutally throwing the l tray to the floor, and walking towards them. "I like you, but not you, Finney." He admitted, throwing a folded paper to the pair. Finney was quick to take the rubber tie that was holding it. Seeing his and Isabella's face plastered on it.

The grabber kicked the tray one more time before emotionally blackmailing them both. "I almost let you go." Again, he didn't fully close the door.

Isabella picked up the paper, analyzing their faces. "Those are nice pictures." She was about to say something else when she realized Finney was walking towards the door again. "Finn, you know you're not supposed to go upstairs."

The phone rang again. "Goddamit." The preoccupied girl stood up and picked up the call, Finney standing next to her so he was able to hear.

"Hello?" The girl voiced first, without getting any response. "Bruce? Billy?" But they dared to hang up the phone. So the boy approached the eggs on the floor, dragging Isabella with him.

He put the eggs on the plate before inserting them into his mouth. "Eat some."

"It's fine." Isabella sat down, resting her back on the wall, arms crossed.

"Bell, you haven't eaten in days, your cheekbones are starting to show more," Finney revealed, immediately regretting what he said when he saw the girl's hurt look on her face.

"It's okay, I'll survive with the soda." She then turned, only to be met with a shattered bottle, the liquid spilled all over the floor. "Okay, but just a little bit, you're more hungry than I am."

Finney sent her a smile, and Isabella took some of the eggs, happy that some food was entering her stomach.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Lo speaks!
I'm having writer's block damn

don't forget to vote&comment!