CHAPTER EIGHT

( DISSEMBLED ! )
CHAPTER EIGHT: LOOK AT YOU

𝐓𝐈𝐌𝐄 𝐏𝐀𝐒𝐒𝐄𝐃 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐓𝐖𝐎 𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍𝐒 were still asleep, or that was until Finney heard a creaking noise that was annoying him, he shot open an eye, staring at the phone, vision blurry.

"Stop it." He ordered no one in particular until an unexpected voice replied to his demand.

"Stop what?" The grabber's voice echoed through the room, making Finney scared, he sat up and backed away, hitting Isabella's stomach accidentally in the process, waking her up too.

"What are you doing, Finney?" The girl was tired, and her friend waking her up wasn't very pleasant either, she looked around the room, looking for whatever startled Finney until she spotted the grabber, he wasn't wearing the top part of his mask, and his eyes were reflecting sadness.

"We're hungry." Finney informed as the redhead retreated herself from the man in front of her.

"How are you guys' eyes?" The Grabber asked, ignoring Finney's details about his status, the boy was the only one that answered, Isabella just stayed silent, sending the man a death stare.

The Grabber moved his hands for his chin to sit on them, before saying something none of the kids wanted to hear. "Well, I can't bring you anything to eat. You'll have to wait" He stood up, and then walked to the door.

"Is there someone upstairs who will see you bring us food?" Finney asked, wanting to get more and more information about the kidnapper's surroundings.

"Don't you worry about that." The man kept walking, not turning back to see him.

"If you weren't gonna feed us, then why'd you even come down here?" The curly-haired boy asked in rage, he couldn't stand this anymore.

"Just to look at you. I just wanted to look at you." He admitted, Isabella wanted to throw up, he was a disgusting man with no life.

"Don't you have anything else to do? No friends or family to hang around with? Not a pet to take care of? Why are you like this?" The girl stood up and walked rapidly towards him, if he wanted to kill her then that was his chance.
"You have to torture kids to fill that hole in yourself because you're a lonely nobod-"

The girl didn't get to finish her sentence when her face was slammed hard on the metal door, her cheek burning and blood threatening to fall down her nose, and her body collided with the ground.

"I'll go." The man said, pushing the girl a little bit aside for the door to close completely. Finney, still in shock, ran to his friend's body, the girl wasn't unconscious, but she wasn't in a perfect status either, since her head was hit hard she would probably have a concussion, the worst that could happen is for her to pass out temporarily.

"Isabella! Isabella! Are you ok? Can you walk?" Finney kept asking the questions that overwhelmed her, she squinted her eyes and muttered something, Finney couldn't figure out what that was so he put his hands under her armpits and dragged her across the room until she reached the mattress, as soon as she was placed in the soft material she fainted.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

The phone ringing again is what woke her up, she was still startled and her head hurt, a lot, there was dried blood under her nose and a bruise was starting to form on her cheekbone, she felt the bed move a little when Finney stood up to attend the call, she didn't pay much attention until Finney brutally backed away from the phone.

She rose from her lying position to see her friend backed away in the corner of the room, looking at her, surprised.

"Oh my god, you're alive." Finney said neatly, he was still breathing heavily, as the phone rang again. Since Finney didn't move from where he was sitting, Isabella was the one who had to pick it up, since there weren't any breaks in the ringing, it was continuous, which wasn't usual.

"Don't hang up." Was the first thing that somebody said when she picked up the phone, Isabella widened her eyes, she didn't believe someone would speak.

"I won't, who is this?" Isabella said, feeling Finney's presence behind her, she turned to look at him with a worried face.

"I don't remember my name." The boy spoke, Finney could hear the call even from a few centimeters away, so both kids knew what was going on.

"Why not?"

"It's the first thing you lose."

"Fist thing you lose when?" She knew what he was talking about, but confirming wouldn't hurt anyone.

"You know when." His raspy voice stated the obvious, Finney was staring directly at Isabella, biting his nails anxiously and not blinking once. He snatched the phone from Isabella's grip.

"How do you know my name?" Finney asked, worriedly.

"We met once. Your arm is mint, you almost had me" He informed the boy, this had Isabella more confused, but looking at Finney's face, he knew who he was.

"Bruce?" Finney asked. "Bruce Yamada?"

"Y-Yeah. Bruce. Uh, I'm Bruce." Isabella couldn't tell if he had an excited tone or if he was still confused about his identity. "Your arm is mint, you almost had me."

"Did the phone ring for you?" Isabella asked, but she didn't take the phone off of Finney's hand like he did with her.

"It rang, But none of us heard it. Just you. The Grabber hears the phone, too, but he doesn't want to believe it." Bruce explained, the girl sighed and rested her back on the wall where the phone was stuck.

"Why are you calling us?" Finney stood in his place, watching Isabella breathe anxiously.

"Your arm is mint, you almost had me. I'm glad it's you." Bruce kept repeating it, the two alive kids were getting tired of not getting proper answers, so before Finney could say another word, the girl stood up and took the phone.

"If you're not going to help us then why did you call?" Isabella asked angrily, being responded with nothing but silence for a few seconds.

"There's a dirt section of the floor in the hallway where the tile is loose." As the kid's brain sucked the information they were given they both turned to where the loose tile was supposed to be. "Dig down underneath the foundation. I tried, but there wasn't time for me to dig up and out the other side."

"Will we have enough time?" She asked, but all she heard was the phone click. "Hello? Bruce? Bruce?" When no one replied, she hung up, and looked at Finney, signaling him to go and try what Bruce requested.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Lo speaks!
Bruce deserved better fr

don't forget to vote&comment!