CHAPTER FIFTEEN

( DISSEMBLED ! )
CHAPTER FIFTEEN: HAPPIER THAN EVER

𝐈𝐒𝐀𝐁𝐄𝐋𝐋𝐀'𝐒 𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐒 𝐋𝐄𝐅𝐓 𝐇𝐄𝐑 sitting alone in the ambulance to go argue with some cops about how they could do their jobs right when she felt someone take a seat right next to her.

"Hi." When she turned her head, she realized it was Finney, involved in a grey cozy blanket just like hers.

"Hey," Isabella replied, smiling slightly at the boy.

"I'm glad you're okay." The curly-haired boy told her, but the girl next to him just gave him a confused glance, which confused Finney too.

"You're not glad you're okay?" Isabella asked sarcastically.

"Well, I'm glad we're both okay." Finney corrected, chuckling, a smile crawling to Isabella's lips too.

"It was scary." The redhead turned to look at the dirty concrete again, swinging her converse back and forth, flashbacks of her kidnapping spreading through her mind. But all of these vanished when hearing Finney's voice again.

"I know. But hey, everything's alright now, okay?" Finney comforted his best friend, stretching the blanket for it to cover the both of them.

He put an arm around her and pulled her close. Isabella rested her head on Finney's shoulder with teary eyes, watching as the sun set, they both stayed silent, enjoying each other's company.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

The next day at school, she was walking through the hallways, covering the bruises on her face with the hat of her hoodie, but she could still sense everyone's eye on her like she was a monster, or maybe, a hero.

She sat down on her assigned seat, watching as Finney was already next to her, he greeted Isabella with a wide smile, but when she shyly replied, his face contorted with uncertainty about what was going on with her.

"Hey, what's wrong?" Finney asked from next to her.

"I don't know, I guess being back is just different, I mean, everyone's staring at you... and they can't keep my name out of their mouths." Isabella explained to the boy. "And my bruises get worse every day, that motherfucker enjoyed it."

"Bella, it's okay, it's normal for them to be surprised about us escaping the grabber, and who cares if you got bruises on your face, you're still beautiful as ever." For some reason, he always knew how to make the girl feel better in any situation she was going through.

"Uhm, you want to go to the park with me after school? I'll get you strawberry ice cream." Her favorite flavor. Isabella turned her head to look at him, with a big smile on her face, agreeing to the suggestion.

After school, both kids were sitting on a bench in front of a big and pretty lake, both of them eating big ice creams, Finney got himself a mint chocolate chip one, and Isabella got a strawberry one.

"Hey, Bella?" Finney called out for the girl's attention, dragging her stare from the pretty view to Finney.

"Mhm?" She hummed, stuffing her face with the cold dessert she was holding.

"You remember when I had to tell you something? In the basement?" Finney reminded, Isabella only replied with a nod of her head.

"I... I like you." Finney rambled. "And I get it if you don't like me back but I just needed to tell you." Finney kept spitting words out of his mouth until Isabella decided to shut it.

"Finney! I like you too." Isabella left the boy impressed, his mouth wide open like he wanted to catch a fly with it.

"Really?" The girl replied nodding her head, with a smile on her face her dimples visibly showing. "Now what?"

"I think we kiss," Isabella replied, Finney was even more shocked by that answer.

"We do?" He sounded, his eyes big like plates.

"I don't know." Isabella rejoined before she leaned forward, their lips brushing before she drew back, smiling.

Finney was smiling too, but rose cheeks accompanied his happiness. They stared at each other for a couple of seconds before Isabella turned her gaze away to look at the ducks in the lake in front of her.

But Finney could pull his stare away from her, admiring the girl, because she was the best thing he had.

"For both of them home wasn't a place, it was a person. And they were finally home."

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Lo speaks!
Finally finished this book omg!! I feel like that was a shitty end but oh well

Thank you so much for getting to the very end of this story, I'm forever thankful for the support this got, if you liked it make sure to check the other fanfics I'm writing!

I hope you enjoyed every piece of this book :)

Byeee!