CHAPTER SEVEN

( DISSEMBLED ! )
CHAPTER SEVEN: CRAZY PHONE

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐏𝐇𝐎𝐍𝐄 𝐑𝐀𝐍𝐆. The phone that wasn't supposed to work rang, that's was startled both kids, waking them up from their sleep, Isabella sat up, while Finney just stared at it, mostly confused. The girl chose to be the one to prove if someone was calling or not. She stood up and grabbed the black plastic communicator, just as she was waiting to see if someone spoke, a voice talked behind her.

"It doesn't work." That's what the grabber said when he saw the redhead listening closely to the phone. "Not since I was a kid." Isabella turned to look at him, and she couldn't help but notice that he had a different mask now, one with a big smiling face, and teeth showing. "Hang it up." He ordered as he turned the lights on.

Finney stood up and walked next to Isabella when he saw the older one wanting to take a step forward from the frame of the door.

"I know you're scared and you wanna go home, I'll take you home soon. It's just that... everything's all fucked up." He said with a sigh, standing still. "I gotta be upstairs for a while. Something came up." He turned his feet slightly to leave but Finney questioned him about his plans.

"Did someone see something? Heard my friend scream? Are the police coming? If you let us go before they get here, we promise we won't tell, right?" He finished looking at Isabella, who nodded in response.

"It's not the police." The grabber laughed, making both kids flinch.

"Someone though? Someone's coming?" Isabella questioned, raising her tone. "We'll scream, if someone's upstairs they'll hear us." She threatened.

"No, he won't. Not with the door shut." The older male said in a mocking tone.

"He?" Finney guessed, Isabella smirking next to him for outsmarting the masked guy.

The Grabber sighed roughly. "With the door shut, no one can hear anything down here, I soundproofed it myself. So shout if you like you won't bother anyone." He was about to close the door, but it seemed like Finney wasn't allowing that.

"You're the one who killed the others. Bruce. Robin." He said that last name with pity in his tone, Isabella also felt it, she sighed sadly.

"That wasn't me. That was someone else." The grabber retracted from leaving, instead, he walked forward to the kids. "I will never make you do anything that you won't... like." He turned to leave again.

"You're sick," Isabella said, with a low tone, a salty tear falling down her now pale cheek.

"What did you just say?" The Grabber pointed his index finger at her, taking a few steps forward the girl, which scared her, but she couldn't walk behind her, her back collided with the grey and rusty wall behind her.

"I said... you're sick." Her secure tone was now gone, fear and shakiness took control over her voice and words, this increased when she was face to face with the taller male.

But he didn't reply, he just grabbed her hand, separated the phone from her skin, and hung it up, watching as the girl's lips were trembling, her breath too. He finally got away, when the phone was hanging alone from the standing place.

"I was down here once when it rang. Ooh, creepiest damn thing... I think it's static electricity that does it, It went off while I was right next to it. I picked it up without thinking, to see if anyone was there...." The Grabber told them the story about the creepy phone call.

"Was there?" The boy next to Isabella asked.

"No." He answered, shaking his head. He finally backed away and closed the door, the locks clunking against it, and the lights turning off.

Finney walked away from the wall and Isabella, thought he was only going to stand there in the middle of the room, but he screamed for help multiple times, the girl shook in fear not expecting that reaction from him.

"Finney stop! No one will hear!" The girl got tired and placed her hand on his shoulder, he then turned his body to look at the window, which was very high, sticking to the wall, he shook her hand off his shoulder and jumped as high as he could to reach it.

When Isabella realized he wasn't able to do it she proposed something. "Carry me."

"What?" The hoy turned to her with a surprised expression portrayed on his face.

"Carry me, on your shoulders." The girl indicated, getting closer to him, as he started to stutter and become nervous.

Before they could do anything the phone rang again, making them both turn to it, and then look at each other. They simultaneously got away from it, scared. But when the ringing continued Finney walked towards it and took it.

"Hello?" The boy spoke, but no one answered. He was going to hang up, but he decided to ask again. "Hello?" After a few seconds of no reply, he eventually gave in and hung it.

"Maybe it is static electricity, I mean, what else could it be? Ghosts?" Isabella joked, making Finney chuckle too at the thought of dead people trying to contact them.

They threw their bodies to the bed, sleep winning over them, after all, they had an exhausting day, full of worries and efforts. But at least they had each other, right?

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Lo speaks!
I have so many ideas for this book but I can't get them all together omfg, anyway
MIGUEL NOTICED ME ON TIKTOK? so crazy, I still can't process it, the best experience of my life

don't forget to vote&comment!