CHAPTER NINE

( DISSEMBLED ! )
CHAPTER SIX: RAN AWAY

𝐈𝐒𝐀𝐁𝐄𝐋𝐋𝐀𝐒 𝐍𝐀𝐈𝐋𝐒 𝐆𝐎𝐓 𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍 𝐃𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐈𝐄𝐑 as her and Finney dug through the basement floor, her arms were getting tired, but she didn't want to let Finney do the work all alone, so she never said anything. The hours passed, but the hole didn't look like it had an end. Finney would occasionally grab the dirt and dump it in the toilet, to then proceed to flush it, getting rid of any evidence that they were trying to escape.

When they both had enough of the activity, they decided to take a quick nap, or at least just Finney got to sleep. Isabella's hunger wasn't helping her body to rest, let alone the anxiety and worry she was accumulating, she wanted to get back home. Sure, she hated it there too, but it was better than an old man's basement.

She sat there, staring at the door, formulating thousands of ideas to escape, but rejecting every one of them when they seemed ridiculous. As she was thinking, the big metal door was opened, creating a terrible scratching noise, waking Finney up too, who stood up from the mattress, facing the grabber.

And there he was, standing in a horrible sweater, his mask now complete. He also had a tray with what seemed to be food and two glasses of soda. "I made you kids some breakfast."

"What'd you put in that?" Finney asked, trying to look intimidating.

The Grabber faced down to look at what he made. "Salt and pepper." He chuckled after the words left his mouth, and placed the tray on the floor. "Eat it, don't eat it, you're already down here. What do I need to drug you for?"

He stood up and left, leaving both kids alone, Isabella expected to hear the loud clang the door made when it closed, but it never did, he hadn't closed the door completely.

Finney walked towards it, Isabella just watching every step he took. He slowly opened the door, but then the phone rang, startling both. Finney looked at Isabella, signaling for her to take it, she stood up and answered the call.

"Hello?" That was the first thing she said when she heard static on the phone.

"Don't go upstairs." Someone answered, she expected it to be Bruce, but that didn't sound like him anymore.

"Why not? This could be our chance to escape!" Isabella protested against the ghost boy, staring directly at Finney.

"Yes, if you want to escape as a spirit, Isabella." He answered, hearing her name coming out from the boy's words took her by surprise, she opened her eyes widely, and at the same time, she fixed her posture.

"Do you know me?" She said she was anxious to know who he was.

"I delivered newspapers to your house every day." He informed, Isabella, sucked a large amount of breath into her healthy lungs, remembering how it was before Billy Showalter was taken.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

The smiley redhead stood in her front yard waiting for the paperboy and his dog to arrive with the daily newspaper, she saw his bike approaching, throwing the paper in different directions until it was her turn.

"Hey, Billy!" She saluted as a paper was thrown in her way, the girl catching it successfully.

The boy stopped his bike with his feet, but never dismounting it, Billy's dog ran towards Isabella, wanting her to play with him. "Hi Bella, how was your academic competition?" He asked, remembering what she had told him.

"It was amazing! I won." Isabella bragged, showing her perfect teeth to the boy.

"That's good to hear, you finish everyone." Billy complimented, catching his dog's attention to go with him and keep up with his work.

"You know it." The girl chuckled. "Bye Billy!"

She saw the boy pedal away, a small smile creeping to her face before re-entering her house.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

"Oh, Billy." Isabella turned her mouth upside down, remembering every weekend morning when she got to see him, going around the neighborhood and never getting tired of it.

"Do. Not. Go. Upstairs." He repeated, ignoring the girl's sadness.

"What is he doing?" She replied, waving her hand, telling Finney to get closer so he could hear what Billy was about to say, he pursed his lips before placing himself on the other side of the phone.

"He's waiting. On the other side with that fucking belt. He didn't say you could leave, so if you try, he'll punish you. He'll beat you with that belt till you pass out. It hurts, it hurts really bad. You cry, you beg him to stop. We all did, but he just keeps beating you." Billy finished explaining what would happen, and then he hung up, leaving the two kids with confused and pitiful expressions.

"Hello? Billy?" Isabella tried to re-contact the boy, but there was no response from the other side, so she turned around and hung up the phone.

Finney on the other side didn't hear Billy's advice, so he walked towards the metal door, but Isabella stopped him, grabbing his arm and spinning his body around.

"What are you doing? You heard Billy." Isabella tried not to shout, but she couldn't understand why Finney decided to do that, risking his life.

"I'm building up courage and I'll see if what Billy told us is true." He released Isabella's hand from his arm and walked towards the exit again.

"Finney, there's a very thin line between courage and stupidity, and this is very much on the side of stupidity." The girl followed after him, if The Grabber was going to kill Finney, then he needed to kill her too.

Both teens were silently going upstairs, until they finally saw the masked man, sitting in a chair, shirtless, waiting for both of them to go towards him, but they never did. They got back to the basement and Finney didn't waste a second before eating the scrambled eggs the grabber had left there.

When he realized Isabella only watched him eat, he raised his gaze, watching her with a mouth full of the unappetizing food. "You're not going to eat?" He asked her.

"No, you can keep it all, you need it more than me." Her hand made contact with the green glass of soda, she drank from the bottle, her throat feeling relieved that something else was going through it.

"Are you sure?" Finney replied with a shocked face. Why wouldn't she eat anything?

"Yes," Isabella replied giving him a light smile. He kept eating everything, making the girl laugh by the way he was devouring his eggs.

When Finney was done eating, they both stood up and laid down on the mattress, Isabella loudly sighing before falling asleep.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Lo speaks!
That's that, I can't wait to write the scene where they try to escape

don't forget to vote&comment!