𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐯𝐞

≫ ──── ≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫ ──── ≪

Warm summer air swirled around Addison and Claire.

Court watched from one of the sun loungers, glasses pulled over his eyes so he wouldn't be caught staring at the one girl he desired, her honey blonde hair shimmering in the sunlight, looking like liquid gold as the ends hit the water. He frowned looking at the scar that ran across her stomach, the constant reminder of the night everything shifted, the kiss, the fight, the tears. "Mister Six," Claire splashed over to the wall, Addison smiling at the girl when her hands reached the cement, holding herself over the edge. "Claire," Court teased, pushing the glasses down on the bridge of his nose, a playful smile on his lips. "Are you really going to just lay in the sun the whole time? Come swim with Miss Jones and I!"

"Yeah Mister Six," A playful tone out of Addison's lips, a giggle following her words, "come swim with us."

"Well because you asked so nicely butterfly," Court smiled when Addison sunk under the water, popping her head up beside him when stepped into the water, a strong arm wrapping around her waist, plastering her chest to his, another arm around Claire to hold her up in the deep water. "My favorite girls," Court chuckled, dunking under the water with both of them, bubbles flying up to the surface quickly as he pushed up off the bottom, Claire's legs around his waist while Addison laughed when they surfaced, relying completely on Court to keep her afloat. "Uncle Donald said if anything happens to him," a laugh left Claire's lips when Addison reached forward to push the wet locks of hair off her face, "that you two would take me in and raise me like I had my mom and dad again, is that true?"

Addison shared a look with Court, trying to figure out how to answer the question.

The truth is, Court and Addison only managed to handle being around each other when they had to act like a married couple for Claire's cover. Ever since Addison went on that date with Lloyd months ago, all her free time was consumed with the agent, while Court hid out in Europe for the various missions the CIA sent him on. "Of course honey," Court answered, tugging Addison closer, her head falling onto his shoulder. It was exhausting, pushing the pull she had towards Court away, her heart was constantly split in two, on one hand she loved Lloyd, she loved the way he doted on her, but Court would always reside in her, he was her first friend in the agency, the love they shared was unique, no one would ever replace the spark they had for each other. "It would look a little different, I'm constantly on missions and Miss Addison here, has a friend that lives with her, but you know we would always keep you safe." Court concluded pressing a kiss to Claire's forehead.

Addison felt her heart shatter when Courts eyes landed on her, because for once in her life, she knew she would never get a full happy ending.

Moonlight peered in the sheer curtains, dancing along the walls while Suzanne slept on the couch at the foot of the bed. Addison sat against the headboard, the memory of the last positive moment with Court replaying in her head over and over again. Her wrist was throbbing, her heart aching for comfort, she was mad that she was actually wanting Lloyd for comfort after everything he had lied about. Addison watched as the shadows danced against the walls, the sway of the trees rustling into the room, the earth starting to smell of rain drafting through the opened balcony doors. Every thirty minutes the flashing lights of Lloyd's security detail would dance against the wall, only to disappear when they felt that the coast was clear and she was safe.

Addison wanted to laugh at the idea.

She couldn't remember the last time she was actually safe.

Court and Lloyd both took their precautions, as did the CIA when Addison worked with them. She was the most skilled internet tracer there was, that created a lot of enemies, she was just shocked to find that the one she was dealing with right now, happened to be her ex-boyfriends friend, the very man they were working for. Suzanne shifted, rain starting to beat against the windows, the moon being covered by heavy clouds casting the room in a shroud of darkness. Something Addison once welcomed, but now felt completely overwhelmed by.