- Chapter 9 - Secrets

A few days before...

Henry was showing Charles around the Oribital station, and introducing him to other Toppat's whom he haven't known yet. Charles learned that the Toppat who escorted him to Henry's room when he asked to see him, was Sven Svensson.

While exploring Charles got to know the person who's responsible for everyone's clothing on the Station. Her nickname was Earrings, as she never told her real name. She had shining blue earrings hanging from both ears, the colour reminded Charles of Henry's eyes. A dark blue toppat, shoulder length blond hair, muted teal eyes, and an elegant dark blue suit with a hint of purple.

The other girl they've encountered on the tour was "Hat girl" her name was also a mystery, she had brown hair tied up into a ponytail, a purple-yellow Toppat, purple suit and brown eyes. After they walked past her, Henry said something that made Charles curious.

"That was Hat girl. There's actually a rumor that her and Earrings are dating, cool right?" - Henry chuckled.

"Yes, that's cool." - Charles claimed.

"Okay, so next we're heading to-" - Henry stopped in his tracks and looked as if he just saw a ghost. Charles looked around but didn't notice anything.

"Something... Happened..?" - Charles worriedly asked Henry, who stood there like a brick wall.

"N-No. Let's get going to the.." - Henry gulped "room with escape pods."

"If you're worried that I'm gonna escape using them, I won't." - Charles stated.

"Yeah... sure." - Henry proclaimed, Charles just nodded in response as they continued walking until they reached their destination.

"..We're here..." - Henry stuttered, as he looked at the Escape pod with two numbers on it's left side. The number on top being a 3 and the number on the bottom also being a 3.

"What are you looking at? Are you looking at that escape pod?" - Charles asked, pointing at the same escape pod Henry was looking at.

"Oh? Um, yes I mean- no. I mean," - Henry chuckled trying to control himself.

"NO! STOP! HE'S GONNA- HE'S GONNA DIE AGAIN! DON'T!" - The Valiant Hero timeline Henry panicked, which made the current Henry realize where they were, what happened in that timeline, he began slowly tearing up as everything that has happened in it, came back running like a fever dream.

"I don't.... W-want..." - Henry murmured under his nose, Charles started to hear the sound of sniffing. Turning around to look at the other party, Henry was tearing up.

"I don't want..."

Henry went quiet. Without any warning he ran away from Charles, who shortly after started following him.

"Henry! Wait!" - Charles yelled, catching the attention of other Toppat's. Seeing as Charles wasn't doing escaping they put their guards down, but one Toppat followed them.

Henry ignored Charles yelling, and ran into his room, locking it behind himself, and leaning on the door with his back facing it as an attempt to keep it shut just incase the lock didn't work.

"Henry? I know you're there! Wh-what happened?!" - Charles half-yelled with a hint of sadness and worry in his voice. Charles didn't recieve a response but he could hear the fast sound of inhaling and exhaling air.

Was Henry hyperventilating? What happened? Did he remember something bad? Maybe he overthinked about Charles escaping?

"Henry... I can hear that you're hyperventilating, please. Open the door." - Charles yelped, this time, his voice was much more quieter, softer, calmer and possessed a hint of pain.

Click

The door was unlocked. Charles could hear Henry walking away from the door, so he let himself in, closing the door behind him.

"What happened?" - Charles asked again, looking at Henry who tried to hide his face.

"Don't..." - Henry said

"Don't what? Henry, tell me! I'm worried!" - Charles hated that he was worried about his enemy. He had hope that Henry would change, but that was back when they were Infiltrating the Airship! Surely those feelings would've died by now!

"Don't ever go into that escape pod!" - Henry yelled while crying hysterically. As he yelled he pulled Charles by his shirt collar until their faces were mere inches away.

"What? Why? Why are you overreacting so much?" - Charles asked cluelessly.

"You wouldn't understand, none of you would..!" - Henry stated in between sniffs.

"Well, I won't understand until you tell me!" - Charles protested

"YOU'LL THINK I'M CRAZY, EVERYONE WOULD!" - Henry threw Charles to the floor, full of tears, as the other one yelped upon the impact of falling to the floor. Somehow the yelping brought Henry back to reality, as he began to calm down, realizing what was happening.

"C-Charles..?" - Henry came back into reality just to see Charles sitting on the floor, his hand holding his arm.

"I'm... Sorry... I..." - He continued, Charles now knew that there was something he didn't know, but he didn't want Henry to suffer one of his mental breakdowns again.

One thing both of them didn't know was that someone was watching them. From every Toppat, he was the only one who knew what happened in Henry's room, and he had to admit. It looked like Henry was having a mental breakdown like how his boyfriend sometimes does.

——————————————————
A/N: Not really much I could've written here. Who do you think watched the whole thing unfold? Also, Henry in this chapter is VERY OOC 😭 I joked with my friends that I accidentally made a character have anger issues, PTSD, DID and be bipolar. Someone has to help Henry in this book frfr.

Word count: 862