- Chapter 16 - Realization

Ever since yesterday, Charles was now officially apart of the clan. Having the Toppat on the top of his head felt... Weird to say the least. This sudden change of occupation felt extremely uncomfortable and terrifying as in the Government Charles was trying to destroy the Toppat's - not join them.

But Charles did what he was told to, he shouldn't feel bad just because he obeyed the General's commands with some unanswered questions. But they were sure to be answered when he gets back, right? Charles sighed as he continued staring at the empty white ceiling.

"So, this is my life now, huh." - He thought, his eyes filled with sadness, slightly shining as the tears slowly started appearing one by one. "Lying whilst sitting here helplessly waiting for help, not being able to do fight it..." - The Former Gov't turned to his side, staring at the wardrobe.

"Bearing each of Henry's mood swings that ha-" - Charles' eyes lit up, as the long forgotten memory came back like a fever dream.

"32... 347... Across everything..." - He murmured, re-calling the whole event that has happened after he got the timed choices.

"I guess I'll have to wait for the right opportunity to finally ask him what he meant..." - Charles sighed, closing his eyes as slowly he began drifting off into sleep - a place with endless possibilities and outcomes..

-Timeskip-

Charles and Henry were spending time together as usual. Although the former pilot didn't know it, once he proved his worth he is supposed to become Henry's Left Hand Man in the future. With Henry, Charles and Ellie it'd be just like the Triple Threat the chief once knew, but with a few twists...

"So, have you ever tried pocky?" - Charles asked curiously as he wanted to 'get to know' Henry, but in reality the awkward silence was killing him from the inside. The Leader slightly blushed at the thought of pocky, re-calling one event in particular.

Although Henry has indeed tried pocky, it was in a different timeline so that didn't count. "No, I haven't tried it. What does it taste like?" - Responded Henry with a slight smile on his face as Charles took a bite of his sandwich.

Charles jumped out of his chair, the freshly bitten part of the sandwich still inside his mouth as his eyes widen in surprise. It was obvious he wanted to yell but didn't want to spit the sandwich onto Henry.

Henry sighed. "Okay, okay. I'll try to get it the next time we go to rob some grocery store or restaurant to restock the food supply, you don't have to look at me like that."

Charles quickly munched his sandwich and unexpectedly hugged Henry, catching the Chief off guard and making his blush now noticeable. "You're trying new things! maybe you'll like them - they've got a lot of flavors, like chocolate, strawberry, mint and-"

"Mmhm." - Henry embarassingly interrupted Charles, still trapped in Charles' tight hug. "Don't you think that you should finish eating your sandwich though?"

Charles let go of Henry "Ah right... My uh.. sandwich" - the toppat was slightly ashamed of his behaviour towards his new leader. Charles quietly went back to his chair and took a small bite out of the sandwich, visibly sad.

"Hey... No need to be sad, your hug was... Well, uh... Felt nice and warm." - Henry tried cheering Charles up, stuttering due to the embarrassment. Hearing this, Charles' mood lighten up, his hug felt... nice? That's amazing, since being a good hugger can help with a lot of things like cheering people up!

Charles happily munched on his sandwich, unaware that Henry was staring at him in amazement. He didn't want to come off as a creep, he just enjoyed Charles' company. His always positive mood, childish humor... Charles is a nice person, and Henry liked that about him since as a criminal he was never treated so nicely... So much nicely that he developed feelings for this particular boy.

But deep inside... He knew the truth.

How is the leader of the most notorious criminal organisation supposed to be in love, heck! In a relationship with such a kind soul as Charles'?

Taking the other Timeline's into account, Henry wasn't the leader of the Toppat clan in any of them.

he DIDN'T kidnap someone he loved because he was hungry for some dumb amount of control over a large group of people and couldn't bare not being with his love!

But afterall... People can change, can they? Maybe that's what Henry needs to do... Change for the better...

"Hello?~ Earth to Henry!" - Charles taunted the leader as he snapped his fingers in front of Henry taking him by total surprise, which in turn made him jerk backwards - almost making him fall from his chair.

Noticing this Charles immediately apologized. He didn't want to be held responsible for the Chief's injury if he did end up falling.

Henry looked at Charles who was looking impatiently at Henry to either accept or deny his apology. Henry's blue eyes meeting with Charles' emerald like eyes.

His gaze softened, soft pink blush appearing on his cheeks as he slightly smiled, saying:

"It's alright. No need to apologize, Charles."

'It's time that things change afterall...' - Henry thought whilst still smiling at Charles

------------------
Word count: 882