- Chapter 21 - ??????????

Henry's back to the options. Surely, if he were to give up he'd turn out to be the worst leader of the Toppat's to have ever ruled, right? Regardless of his conciousness yelling at him to stop and to think about it he doesn't listen.

Time unfreezes just like how it did before but this time something doesn't feel quite right to Henry. He begins to look around the hallway him and Charles are standing inside, trying to pinpoint what felt out of place.

The ceiling lamps still flickering?Check.

The ever so blinding walls? Check.

Charles' top hat on the ground besides them? Check.

The bodies of the people he once knew, and those who he didn't recognize? Check.

So what could've felt so incorrect to him? Afterall, everything seemed to be in it's original place. Henry stopped his adventure to find out what caused him to feel uneasy and he instead glanced over at Charles, but only became more confused.

Henry saw Charles looking around, his facial expression clearly giving off the vibes of him having no idea what's happening as he's mumbling something under his nose. Henry, in an attempt to hear what Charles was saying took a step forward,

"Not a single step!" - The Pilot exhaled sharply while Henry undid his step forward. "How am I back here?"

Henry tilts his head unsure of what the now annoyed Charles meant, "Sorry, could you explain...?" - The Toppat requests.

"I'm asking how I'm back here," - Charles corrects himself, "I mean, just a moment ago I was flying back to Earth!"

Henry looks at Charles, his face filled with confusion. Maybe Charles was hallucinating things that never happened?

"I remember walking away from you and meeting up with General to leave this hell..." - Henry's face lits up hearing the person in front of him remember what happened before he hit the reset button, and after he got a fail. Henry's sudden change in expression was promptly noticed by Charles.

"What's up? You seem to know something I don't, Henry." - Their eyes meet as Henry becomes more nervous, his self doubt is getting back at him, coming back faster than ever.

"How do you remember?" - Henry asks a question of his own, staring at Charles in disbelief. Is it possible that something went wrong and Charles, the same Charles from a moment ago, has managed to go to a different path with Henry?

Charles looks at Henry as if he was a crazy lunatic, "'Cause I was there a few moments ago and now out of the sudden I'm here?"

Henry and Charles exchange stares full of confusion to one another. Henry's mind was racing as fast as his heart was, how did Charles' memories of what happened remain after he hit the reset button?

On the other hand, from Charles' point of view he was taken slightly aback by Henry's unexpected reaction. Shouldn't they both be confused that they're back in here? Shouldn't whatever Charles is talking about seem crazy to Henry? Henry's eyes start to water up again. Maybe he wasn't alone in all of this? Is this the somewhat happy ending he was looking towards? To be finally understood by someone after dealing with this whole mess by himself?

"Why are you crying again?" — Henry began weeping, 'again, again, again, again...', the word echoed in Henry's brain. Charles didn't forget what happened before. Maybe, just maybe, if Henry was to explain everything now, he'd be listened out?

"Charles," — Henry began wiping off the tears, "I need you to hear me out this ti-"

"Woah, woah, woah, woah, woah. Hold your horses." — Charles interrupted, crossing his arms. "Why should I listen to you this time when I can walk away once more?"