aug.26.22

I don't have a proper writing piece today, so I figured today would be a decent day to just rant a little.

Currently writing this from a very bad soccer game I have to work at, and the home team is losing – big surprise. One guy kicked himself in the face with the ball, another one looked like it French kissed the ball, and two more fell down when their legs entangled.

I'm not a sports expert, by any means, but I'm not sure that's how the game is played. Maybe I'm just wrong, who knows. Any soccer people reading this: tell me if that's just normal game play.

They like kicking the ball straight in the air, then slamming their faces into it. And the crowd likes booing a lot. Again, soccer fans: is this normal?

But yeah. It's starting to get cool in Prince George, glad I brought my hoodie and plenty of water. Should've made an iced strawberry tea, but oh well.

Life has been... well, it's been. Everyday has been blurring together. Kind of living for those "pause the world during morning iced coffee" moments, because every other moment goes by too fast. I wish I could pause the world a while, and take it in. I feel like it's speeding by, and I only get the chance to see the dust trail.

But this moment is nice. Sure, the crowd is loud, and so are the players as they scream to each other, but the breeze is picking up; it rained today, so the scent of petrichor masks the exhaust and pollution of the city. The sun's beginning to set, and it's casting a nice orange glow over the passing storm clouds.

There's some nearby trees, on the hill behind the stadium. I can recognize saskatoons, soap berries, and oregon Grape plants – and I'm reminded of home, of open fields and calming breezes. Those plants are at home, too.

Only at this stadium for two more hours, and then I can return home.

Score is still nothing, if anybody was interested. Does soccer do overtime?

I don't like the bright stadium lights. They block the sunset glow.

Anyways, there's a rant. There's less than ten minutes left in this... "game", which is more like a giant game of wack-fuck.

Until next time, PEACE.