sept.3.22

It's almost seven at night, and I have to write something, but I don't know what, so I guess it's gonna be a rant.

Currently at my place of employment, and guess what? It's working another soccer game (if you ready last rant, I think....?) Still don't know how the game works, but it's funny how aggressive it is. There's an excessive amount of yelling, and a lot of "how high can the ball get?" type of game play.

It's surely something. If it's actually soccer, let me know.

Aside from that, life's been alright, I suppose. Time's been going by really fast, but I guess that's just become some sick normality at this point. Just another unfortunate thing to get used to.

I finished reading Kiss Of The Spider Woman by Manuel Puig recently. I'd picked the book up for twenty five cents at a secondhand store a whole ago, and I finally chose to read it. Didn't know it was a movie, and now I need to watch it. But if you're a reader and are looking for something unique, read it. It's so good. The writing style is interesting and intense dialogue, and it's not traditional in everyday writing. I was hooked until the end, and I will admit, it made my heart hurt.

Made it onto my shelf of favorites.

And now, I'm currently reading The Swans of Fifth Avenue by Melanie Benjamin. I'm only a few chapters in, and it's pretty good so far. Incredibly descriptive in a "gossip speech" style of writing – like imagine a friend spilling juicy details about people they think are rich and high-class that have dirty little secrets – and it's pretty good. I like the way it reads. Keeps the reader hooked.

After this book, I'm planning on rereading Note To Self by Connor Franta. I read it back when I first bought it – I had to wait three weeks because my local bookstore didn't have it so I had to order it in – and I binged it then, and haven't read it again since. It's aesthetically pleasing and incredibly relaxing, from what I remember. I was perusing my shelves and came across it again, and so I've chosen that as my next book.

I wish I had more time to read and write. But time has a way of shifting and morphing into weird, jello-like shapes that don't necessarily make sense when it comes to being solid in reality. It's difficult for me to make a structural list of tasks and stick to it exactly, because things change so much.

But, I suppose that's just life. Right?

Anyway, after talking about reading, all I want is to crawl between the pages and live there. So, I'm gonna end the rant here. Thanks for the read.

Until next time, PEACE.