Chapter 22

Three days later Elyse was still in the hospital. The doctors had said she would be able to go home soon. Well they didn't know that she would really go back to Hogwarts. The term was almost over and she wanted to be there by the last day.

Draco was right. The grey on her leg had gone away on its own. Now all that was left was the black line on her leg which was just the stitches. The doctors had told her that she would have to probably be on crutches if she wanted to leave when she wanted to.

Elyse was all alone in the hospital. She was reading a book that L.A. had got her when she heard the clock chime.

She looked up and saw that the clock said it was 11:00 PM. Elyse quietly gasped and closed her book. She placed her book on the side table next to the bed and tried to fall asleep.

Sometime in the night Elyse woke up and saw the door to her room open and close, and she thought it was a nurse so she went back to sleep.

The next morning before she opened her eyes she thought she heard a chair creak. Immediately she thought it was Draco so she opened her eyes and sat up.

"Draco is that you?" She called out but didn't see him, she turned to her other side and stopped.

She did see someone though.

Short auburn hair, tall, blue eyes, freckles.

A spitting image of herself except without glasses. And male.

"You-" Elyse started but she stopped then tried again. "you. I don't know you but I feel like I do. Who are you? and what are doing in my hospital room?"

"Please Miss. Let me explain. Please." The boy begged.

Elyse sat there stubbornly.

"Please. This-" He pointed to her leg, "this is all my fault. Please Elyse. Let me explain."

Elyse did want to know why he was here, who he was, and why he said it was all his fault.

"Fine. But make it quick." Elyse set up her pillows so she would be comfy.

"Okay. I'll try to make it fast but it might take a while. Where do I begin," he said to himself, "well, after I knew it was you for sure, no, that doesn't make sense.." He stopped talking and sighed. "I'll start again. I'm sorry, I don't really know how to explain it. It was so much easier writing the letters."

Elyse cut him off. "It was you?! You wrote those letters? So that means," Elyse put the pieces together, "that means that you're "L" that was you. You wrote me those letters. Why?"

"Well after mother and father, well just mother, father didn't even know until I did, that's not important. Anyways, after mother told me about you, I had to meet you. I thought writing letters and sending you those and newspaper clippings would be enough. But then I found out about what happened. It was in the news if you didn't know. A tree fell on you? Yeah right. I asked your boyfriend and he isn't good at keeping secrets. He told me what happened and I knew I had to come see you and make sure you were safe. I know it's dumb, but that's the truth."

He stopped and let Elyse comprehend what he had just said.

"Wait. What do you mean "boyfriend?" I don't have a boyfriend." Elyse questioned.

"Then what's that ring on your finger for then?" The boy pointed to her ring finger on her left hand.

Elyse looked down at her left hand. He was right. There was a ring on her finger. With her right hand she slipped the ring off and took a closer look at it. It was a thick silver ring. On the inside there was something carved in it.

ES & DM

Elyse gasped but then noticed a mistake. "That's not right. It's EC not ES." She said to herself. She rubbed her thumb over the carving.

"No, actually it is correct." the boy said. "your initials are ES. Elyse Jane Elizabeth Scolton. That's your real name. When we were born, mother had to put you up for adoption because father didn't want a daughter, so when she found out she was having twins, she kept you a secret. She also changed your last name so no one would put the pieces together. The thing is, because you were born from Wizards, when the family tree was made, you showed up, but as an empty space. So in all of the history books or whatever they use now, it just says 'Princess' because no one actually besides mother, knew about you." He stopped.

"Wait. Who are you and how do you know all this? What do you mean when 'we' were born?" Elyse asked, still playing with the ring in her hand.

"Oh, did I not introduce myself? I thought I had. I'm sorry. I'm Louis Scolton. Prince Louis Scolton. I'm your twin brother." Louis said.

"What?" Elyse asked.

"I said, I'm-" Louis started.

"I know what you said, I just can't wrap my head around it." Elyse said. "So you're Prince Louis Edward Jacob Scolton. I'm Elyse Jane Elizabeth Scolton and-"

Louis cut her off. "Princess  Elyse Jane Elizabeth Scolton." He corrected. "Our parents are King Edward Jacob Louis Scolton and Queen Jennifer Jane Elizabeth Scolton. We were born June 7th, 1980. I was born 2 minutes before you. If that helps." He shrugged.

"Well, nice to put a face to the letters." Elyse joked, still in shock. 

Louis chuckled.

Elyse slid the ring back on her ring finger and Louis watched her.

"That reminded me, I've got a letter for you," Louis reached into his pocket and pulled out a folder piece of paper. "here." Louis handed it to Elyse. Elyse took the paper and unfolded it.

She saw her name in that one recognizable handwriting.

Elyse,

If you got this, then you know that I love you. That also means that you love me too. This ring that I slipped on your finger was one I was given when I was 14. I didn't understand what the ES meant, but now I do. After meeting your brother it makes so much sense. This is a Future Ring. When it is given to someone it has their initials and the person they love's initials on the inside. I hope you found that. The Future Ring has never been wrong. I hope you accept this from me. Well, I hope you accept me. Can't wait until you're back at Hogwarts.

D.L.M.

Elyse closed the letter and looked up to talk to Louis. 

But Louis was gone.

Where did he go?

Authors Note:

I found that picture of the ring online. I didn't even make it. I thought it was so cool that it said DM on it. How cool is that?? Anyways, I hope this helps a lot of you to understand the story a bit more. If not, reply to this and I'll answer your questions.

I also uploaded a short story that I wrote a long time ago based on a dream I had. Weird I know. Laugh all you want. BTW, I remember waking up from this dream crying. So be prepared if you read it.

Thanks for reading.

-Mylynn

P.S. Also, the book is getting so close to the end. I'm sad to finish it but excited to do so at the same time. I'm going to try and upload as many chapters as I can tonight because I don't think I'll be able to again until the end of the week.

Happy Reading! :)