Chapter 2: The Family With Secrets

We begin this story by telling you a little bit about myself, my childhood was quite plain and ordinary except for one small thing, and in the time I grew up it's not easy for a almost 17 year old, closeted, blonde, 75kg guy like myself to be exposed to different experiences when during majority of my life I've been told I have a reputation to uphold in my family, and being the only son my parents have im expected to give them grandchildren first. A few days go by and its my birthday, I invite a few friends around, i dont have many friends so the time we spent together in those hours i cherished with my entire being, the party is going very well we have cake, balloons, fizzy drinks and party pies, sausage rolls and fairy bread which is my absolute favourite. We have music and dancing and all the adults are having drinks and having a fun time being around me and being able to spend time with me and my family on my birthday, Around 2 oclock everyone gathers around the table and starts singing 'happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear Eric, happy birthday to you. As the song comes to an end this beautiful cake which had a marble fondant finish, topped with fondant roses and was a flavour of cookies and cream sponge inside topped with 15 brightly lit candles and a big happy 15th birthday Eric written on it in chocolate letters sat in front of me, all of a sudden the singing stops and the room falls silent, before the hip hip horrays can begin my mum puts her hand in the air and everyone goes silent, my dad slowly walked up to my mum and put his hand on her stomach. Everyone looks at them still silent, until a slow clap starts to form and before I knew it everyone was crowding around them and hugging them. I had no idea what was going on, it was only until a week later I found out my mum was pregnant with a boy. I think this was the best keep secret, and thats saying something because they didnt even tell me they were pregnant with my sister, i found out in the hospital the day after she was born. As I said before, this story is full of secrets, but I don't think anyone can top how big my secret is, even with a shock pregnancy.