Chapter 5: The 8 Year Secret

I was 10 by the time I knew my life was going to be different, I knew that something didn't seem 'normal' I knew long before I knew what the definition of sex was that I wasn't attracted to females. I was gay, but I kept it a secret. I never bought anyone home, I never told anyone, anyone I would see during this period had to be sworn to secrecy, I didn't know how my family would react, and I didn't know why but I was scared I would loose my entire family because of something I had no control over, as I stated earlier I grew up in a different time and so did my family, I didn't want to be gay because I felt different, i wanted to feel normal, and I wanted to be normal, I know the old saying goes there is no normal, but the human race has taught everyone that growing up straight was normal in the sense of it was what everyone did, I wanted to fit into society, I didn't want to be looked at differently and I didn't want people to treat me differently simply because I didn't have the same sexual preferences as people. It took me 8 years but I finally learnt to accept myself. I was proud of who I was, I was confident of what I was, it was my normal. It all happened the first day I went to university. I had a very good schooling and I wanted to grow up and have a respectful job and go somewhere in life because during my 8 year secret it was the only thing I actually knew about myself. I am 18 years old now and I have excelled in school, mostly in food and cooking, I had always loved cooking so by the time I was 17 I realised what I really wanted to do with the rest of my life is open a restaurant and start a business in food and cooking, so I finished year 12 and started university with a food and business degree in my view, except someone got into my view, he was a medium height, brown hair, gorgeous brown eyes, perfectly shaped body and jaw bone that looked like it had been sculpted by Michelangelo, he was absolutely perfect in every way, and we were in the same course. I timidly went over too him and sat next too him, he looked at me and smiled and my heart melted, all of a sudden my heart skipped a beat and my life flashed before my eyes, my future became somewhat clear, I knew I wanted him to be in my life forever.