Chapter 14: The Date Above Others

The following days were stressful, I was so excited for the test scores, but I was nervous that I hadn't done very well, Jordan was nervous as well, I could tell by his text messages and his voice that he was nervous just as much as I was, so we planned a date. I had the perfect date in mind, so I put it into action, I told Jordan to meet me at my house because we are going out, but I didn't tell him what I had in mind, all I told him was to dress nicely, a few hours later he had arrived, I dressed up in my best suit and was ready, I had been down to the shops and had bought him and bunch of flowers which I had given him on arrival, I gave him an address and we started driving, about 20 minutes later we arrived at the restaurant and he had parked his car, we both got out and walked up to the front doors which were more grand and beautiful than I could have imagined, we found ourselves in a marbled floored foyer with a attendant standing 2 feet away from us in the most elegant outfit I've seen in my life. We walked up to him and gave him our name, I had booked a table in advance so we had a reservation for that night, we were escorted to our table by a man dressed in dinner clothing, all I saw in front of me was row's and rows of tables lit by candlelight sitting on a sea of black marble tiled floors, there were beautiful chandeliers hanging from the ceiling which were dimmed to create ambiance and warmth in the room. We were sat down at table 56, which was beautifully decorated with candles, plates, napkins and a knife and fork with 2 menus placed neatly in the centre of the table, I looked at the menu and I had never seen such an array of entrée's, mains and deserts all neatly placed on each page with a list of wine at the back. We both picked what we wanted and waited for the waiter to come to our table, he took our order and removed the menus from our tables, Jordan had ordered a steak with a glass of red wine and I had ordered a pork belly with vegetables and a glass of white wine. We looked out the window and saw a magnificent view of the beach, waves rolling up and back on the shore and people laying down on the sand soaking up the beautiful day. When the meals came the plates were magnificent and had such pristine decoration that I thought I was dreaming. We had finished our meals and wine and ordered dessert. I ordered a chocolate mousse and Jordan ordered a strawberry shortcake with icecream. When the desserts arrived the mousse was in a tall glass, inside was a layer of biscuit, below a beautifully pipped mousse and dusted with chocolate shavings, Jordan's dessert was absolutely gorgeous, it was a cake infused with sliced strawberries, topped with whipped cream, a massive strawberry and drizzled in strawberry sauce. When we had finished our desserts we were handed the bill and the total, don't even ask, Jordan saw it and offered to pay half but I told him I would pay for the whole meal and I don't want him to pay a single cent of it, I went up the counter, paid the bill, returned to the table, grabbed my jacket, left a tip on the table and walked out thanking the man on the front desk as we left. Next we walked along the beach enjoying the warm sun, running into the water and laying down in the sun and watched the sun set over the horizon, until the sun was completely disappeared and the night began to break. I sat up in the sand and told Jordan I wanted to have a talk with him. I had to tell him about Adam, I couldn't hide it from him anymore. All I remember after i told him is me crying in the sand, and walking home all by myself regretting what I had done.