It's a Tree

Chapter 1

"Surprise!"

Scott's eyes widen as he holds onto the open front door. I can almost see the wheels spinning in his head before a smile breaks out on his face. He rushes forward and immediately wraps his arms around my frame. I can't stop the giggle that escapes my lips as I hold him close to me.

"How did you get here?" He asks, pulling away to face me but not dropping his arms from around my waist.

I move to the side to reveal my ride. Stiles honks the horn of his jeep while throwing a thumbs up.

"You're welcome!" He calls with his goofy smile before driving off down the road.

"He offered to give me a ride here." I clarify, shaking my head at his attics.

"I could've come with."

"I wanted to surprise you," I say moving my face closer to his.

"It worked." He smiles softly brushing his nose against my mine. "But I thought you were only coming back from South America next week?"

"I was but we start senior year next week and... I want to spend more time with you before then. While things are still normal."

"I'm glad you did," Another smile appears on his features before he connects our lips.

"I missed you," I whisper, pulling away after a few seconds.

"I missed you too." He replies running his fingers down the side of my cheek before they stop at my neck. "Is this new?"

"Yeah," I say as he lifts the long silver necklace up and runs it through his fingers. "It's a triskelion. Cora got it for me as an, I'm sorry for abandoning you while you were dark, gift."

"Sounds like Cora." He says placing the petite necklace back on my skin.

"Oh yeah." I smile before my eyes drift back down to his lips. He gets the hint and immediately connects them. A giggle escapes me as his hands begin traveling around my back.

Without breaking the kiss he pulls me forward and closes the door behind me. My back hits the door, causing a gasp to leave my lips at the suddenness.

I never knew how much I missed him. Well, that's a lie. I knew I would miss him. Even though I spoke to him every day, much to Cora's dismay, it's not the same as being here right in front of him. To know that he is here with me and nothing is separating us.

As a result, I feel myself getting lost in the moment. My hands move up his chest as I push myself away from the door. He breaks his lips from mine and begins trailing them down my neck causing goosebumps to form on my skin. Everything is perfect until-

bang

"Ow!" I exclaim, rubbing the back of my head. With a scowl, I turn around to face the culprit who slammed the front door into my head.

"Sorry I-" Liam's eyes widen as they shift between the two of us, "Um..." His mouth opens but he seems to have trouble forming any coherent words. Fear flashes in his eyes for a moment as he looks back to Scott who has a glare firmly planted at the young Beta. "I- um- I should go." Without another word, he books it out of the doorway like he is a man on fire.

"And we thought Derek was our problem," I mutter turning back to face Scott with a sigh.

He brings his head forward and rests his forehead against mine, "You think we should go to Lydia's Lakehouse?"

"It's sold, remember?" I smile, gazing into his eyes. "But there's always your room." I counter with a smirk forming on my lips.

" I counter with a smirk forming on my lips