Theo

Chapter 2

"Stupid phone." I groan as I stand on my tip toes in the middle of the busy hospital waiting area. I stretch my phone higher in the air hoping by some miracle that it will help it to connect. Malia takes a deep breath and grabs the phone from my hand. "Hey!"

"The cell phone towers are down. I've told you like ten times already."

I reach forward and grab my phone out of her hand, "Well, maybe the 11th time will work."

"Why do you even need to use your phone? It's not like you're waiting for an email about your future or anything."

"It's Kira. She's coming back from New York today and I haven't heard from her. She could be stranded on the East Coast for all I know."

"Or she could be at the school already with Lydia," She adds while Stiles and Scott join our side.

"Well then I wish I had telepathic abilities so I could talk to her and find out what's happening."

"Seriously?" Stiles frowns. "If you had telepathic abilities, that's what you'd use it on?"

"Yes, I would. So I wouldn't have to drain my phone battery trying to connect to a signal that isn't there."

"You still haven't heard anything?" Scott asks standing next to me.

"No. I'm starting to get worried. What happens if her flight was delayed and she can't make it."

"Maybe she's hooking up with a hot guy?" Malia suddenly says.

I take a deep breath and turn around to face her, "What?"

"Well, you told her to have fun while she was in New York, right? Maybe she's having too much fun?"

"Malia, I don't think that's what's happening." Stiles tries to reason with her.

"If you told me to have fun without worries when I went away... I would," Malia says bluntly.

Scott's body suddenly tenses as his eyes turn to mine, "That's what I told you when went to South America."

"Scott, I didn't have fun in South America. Well, I did- but not like that. And I definitely worried a lot. Not that much... but not too little either." I quickly add noticing the frown appearing on his face. "Malia see what you did?" I groan turning to face her, but to my surprise, she is already looking at me with a weird expression on her face. "What?"

"Did you go to South America?"

I stare at her unblinkingly, "Yes!"

"For how long?"

"Three bloody months, Malia." I sigh, pinching the bridge of my nose.

"Huh." She nods, quirking her head to the side. A medic suddenly runs past us with someone on a gurney.

"Hey, Mom? Where's all this coming from?" Scott calls as his mom rushes after it.

"A jack-knifed tractor-trailer on 115. Caused a major pile-up." She says before turning down the corridor.

"Okay, okay, there's only one way back into Beacon Hills from the airport." Stiles realizes.

"115."

"Kira's never gonna make it."

"She has to," I speak out loud, feeling my heart sink. She told me herself how excited she was to do this. I have to do everything I can to get her there. "There has to be something we can do... Someway we can-" That's when it strikes me. I look up into Scott's eyes and I know he's thinking the same thing.