Scepter

Nyx

I walked into the room with the scepter and locked the door behind me. I didn't want to do this alone, but I had no choice. A larger scroll with the same markings appeared under the scepter. I wasn't going to use the altered spell. For this I had to use the original. The stronger the magical object, the more dangerous this was. That was a risk I was willing to take. For Loki, Clint, and Phil. The people I cared most about.

"I will find you," I placed my hands on the paper, "show me your memories!"

Everything turned black.

•••

I woke up in a room. I looked around. I was in a prison cell. I saw Loki on the floor. I knelt in front of him. He was in his Jotunn form and had horrible burns all over his body. I was angry. It made me want to know who this monster was so I could kill him with my own hands.

"Such a weak Asgardian. No one will save you." I didn't see who spoke, but recognized the voice.

I didn't get the chance to turn around before I was sucked into a different memory.

•••

I was now in a throne room, no, a ship. I was in the main part of a spacecraft. It was fashioned like a throne room. I glanced next to me. My heart went up into my throat. I saw the being whose voice I had heard. He was tall and had purple skin. I reached my hand out to him. Then he turned to me. Our eyes met. My whole body froze.

Could he see me?

"I think it's time to pay the Asgardian a visit." The scene changed before me.

•••

I was greeted by screaming. My entire body froze in place. I had heard this screaming before. I heard it that first month on earth and occasionally since. It wasn't a dream. It was real. Loki was tortured from the moment he went through that black hole. I wrapped my arms around myself. Loki had been tortured, he had been hurt. He had been calling out to me. He had been asking for my help through my dreams. We were connected so why didn't I know? Why didn't I realize it? Why?

I fell to the floor. I can't believe it. I heard his torture, his screams. I heard everything that was ever done to him. I had heard it, because that was the only way he could ask for help. I was the reason he was still under that monster's clutches.

"You are pathetic," I looked up, "the likes of you could never defy me. I am Thanos and you will be my pawn in the war to come."

I gasped. Thanos spun around. He heard me!

"Show yourself." I felt something pull me.

My vision turned black.

•••

I gasped as I felt a pair of arms around me. I began to thrash around.

"Let me go! Let me go!" The arms tightened.

"Nyx, it's me. You're alright. It's me, Thor." I looked up at the scepter.

"Get me out, get me out!" I felt the tears begin to slip down my face.

Thor picked me up. I wrapped my arms around his neck. He walked with me out of the room.

"Why would you do that Nyx? That wasn't the spell you used earlier. Why did you use the original spell and not the one you created?" I pressed my face against his shoulder.

"I was right," his body tensed, "I was right Thor. The monster is real. He almost saw me just through the spell alone. He's dangerous. He did unspeakable things to Loki. M-my theory was right Thor." He took a sharp intake of breath.

Thor

I was furious. Not at Loki or Nyx, but the being who dared laid his hand on my brother. I brought her to the room we were in earlier.

"Is she alright?" Banner rushed over.
"I think so, she does not want to let go though." Nyx tightened her grip on me.

"Not safe," I held her tighter, "what do you mean?"

Everything shook around us. Everyone began to panic as a loud noise filled the air.