Afterwards

Nyx

After deciding to stay on Earth I began to work closely with Agent Phil Coulson. Phil was different from Fury. He was understanding. He stood up for me when no one else would. I was thankful considering how hard the first couple months on Midgard were. I missed my home, I missed Loki a lot, but I knew I couldn't sulk around forever. I wouldn't be allowed to. Phil put his trust in me, so I had to prove myself to Midgard and earn that trust I was so easily given. So I started helping Phil with investigations, interrogations, assassinations, stakeouts, and working on bringing together a group to protect Earth. A group of heroes to protect M-Earth. Phil mentioned it was his dream, and I wanted to make that dream a reality for him. There was one issue. Before I could do all of these missions for Phil as my way of repaying him for trusting me. I had to have a new identity. I had to become a citizen of Earth. So I became Phil's daughter.

I was no longer Nyx Finsdottir, an Asgardian warrior and a changeling. I was Nyx Lin Coulson, a loving daughter and an agent of SHIELD. When picking out my new name it didn't feel right not having my fathers name in my surname. So Phil combined my parents' names and gave me a middle name. I didn't know what purpose a middle name had, but I was so grateful.

I have learned much during my year on Earth. I've had to. It did take a while to get used to Earth's mannerisms, but I was lucky to have a good teacher. I became a top agent of SHIELD right next to Phil. I don't know what I would've done had Phil not risked his job for me. I became known as Rogue. I trained in all types of combat and helped ready other warriors for future wars and threats. I told them as much as I could about what I learned on Asgard. I felt doing all of this was my duty while I resided on Earth. So when I learned that SHIELD had the Tesseract about eight months after I decided to stay on this planet. I asked to be assigned to watch it.

It took some fighting and some convincing. Director Fury didn't want me anywhere near it. He knew about why I came to Earth and what happened to Loki. He was cautious. I didn't blame him, but I wouldn't let that stop me from protecting the Tesseract and the people working around it. Once I told him that I knew the signs of a gateway opening from the other side and that I was probably going to be the best bet in fighting whatever came from the other side, he agreed. So I became a babysitter for the Tesseract. I wasn't the only one though. A couple weeks afterwards Fury brought another man into the facility the Tesseract was being studied in.

"Sir, who is this?" I glanced at the brown haired man with the bow.

"Rogue, this is Hawkeye. He will be keeping an eye on the Tesseract and you." I crossed my arms over my chest.

"Sir, I think I have proven myself. I do not need a babysitter." He cocked his head at me.

"Do I need to remind you what your Prince did to Puente Antiguo, Mexico," I cringed, "that's what I thought. He stays. He babysits you and the Tesseract. Even if you are here to watch the Tesseract, I would rather be cautious and careful." Director Fury walked away.

"Well that sucks," I glanced at Hawkeye, "nice to meet you Hawkeye."

He simply gave me a look.

"Great, another I don't know you, I don't trust you because all I know is you're from another planet. I have orders to watch you, not get to know you."  Lucky me.

I walked away from him. If he wasn't going to speak then I would just ignore him.

"Why didn't you go back to your world?" I stopped where I stood.

I turned to Hawkeye. Why would he ask me that?

"I come from a race known for being assassins. I am the last as far as I know. I exposed my secret to ensure a part of the royal family was able to return back to my world from Earth. However, I had two parents who showed me a different way. I feared that wouldn't matter and I would be ridiculed and killed. So I decided to stay here and watch your planet. Be here should anything ever come from as you call it "outer space." He nodded his head at me.