Batten Down The Hatches

04
Batten Down The Hatches

EARTH-21
MEDITERRANEAN SEA

The sun had nearly fallen from the sky. Orange ripples trickled in a straight path where the sun met the Mediterranean Sea's coral waters. The golden path shone on Gar and Calvin as they sat across from one another in velvet chairs.

The sheer magic of love burned the candle at the center of their table green. Calvin watched as the sunlight warmed Gar's skin. The glow was mesmerizing. He wanted to drink it in. To savor the sight like it was his last.

He'd slicked his emerald hair back but a deviant lock had other plans. It fell above his brow. While he hated it, Calvin couldn't get enough. Every time it fell back in place he fought shivers in places he never knew could shiver.

A feeling Calvin never experienced until Doomsday. The day he truly realized what he'd lose. Who he'd become. From that night on, he decided he would appreciate everything he could. Every part of Gar he could... While he still had the chance.

The soft live music behind them deepened the pull in his chest. "Every little thing he does is magic.." Sang the man with royal eyes on stage. The lights in the room changed with the intensity of his singing.

Gar had turned to look out the window. From the height of the dimming sky, he could see the twinkling lights of cities in the distance. "There it is," Pointed Gar from his chair. His slender finger highlighted the nearing island. "Zandia."

He turned and his eyes met with Calvin's. He began to smile. "What is it?" He asked.

"What's what?" Retorted Calvin. He tilted his head to the side, smiling back.

"You're staring at me,"

"Am I? Or am I admiring you?"

Gar chuckled. His laughter slowed to a contented sigh. A softness claimed his eyes. They slowly trickled down Calvin's face. The view left him bewitched.

His heart swelled in his chest. A feeling he never wanted to lose. The quickening of love. The way his heart skips a beat every time Calvin looked at him. Everything he did felt like magic in Gar's chest.

"..Even though my life before was tragic, now I know my love for him goes on.."

He wished to freeze time. Just so he could admire Calvin. So that he wouldn't ever have to let him go. So that the deal he made on Doomsday didn't catch up with him.

He reached across the table and laced their fingers. "Whatever you're doing," He began after a gulp, "Don't stop."

"I don't plan to. Ever." Calvin said with a wink. He squeezed Gar's hand gently.

"You two are so cute," Tanya gushed through her comms. She and Bart sat across the restaurant. She tucked a curl behind her ear and stole a glance at the happy couple.

"So sweet my teeth are starting to rot," Added Bart. He choked on a gag as the boat rocked. "I think I'm gonna be sick again." He rushed to his feet and swayed.