Falling

10Falling

10
Falling

EARTH-9
GATEWAY CITY

The room was alive. Strobe lights flickered. Red, blue, purple. Each color pulsed with the music. Bodies, a sea of them, swayed and lapped together in waves. The funk of sweat and breaths collected in the air.

Tim smiled at a passing couple. A guy and his girl. They were practically eating each other's faces.

Another couple made out on the kitchen counter. He couldn't tell how they presented. He hooted for them. 

"Gross," Tulip muttered beside him. Her platforms knocked against the vinyl with each step. The buckles lining her pants jingled.

Tim and Tulip waded through a cluster of boozing teens. "Come on, Tulip, lighten up." He teased her. "It's our first night off in weeks."

She rolled her eyes. "You're telling me lighten up? There are alien gladiators on Earth, someone raided our hideout, and we're at a party." She said.

A pair girls turned their noses at her. They shared looks and snickered. "Weirdo," They said.

Tulip looked at Tim. She motioned to the Barbie dolls as if they were evidence. He chuckled in response, shaking his head.

"The adults can handle it for once," Said Tim. "Tonight's our night. We need to let loose, have fun.. do something wild!" He waved his hands and slapped a dude's cup. He offered his apologies and pressed on.

Tulip scoffed. "You won't even kiss the boy you're madly in love with because you're too uptight. Your definition of 'wild' is patrolling on a school night."

"Asshole," Tim shoved her as she snickered. "I've kissed Snow before. It was amazing and perfectly timed. You can't rush that."

"The kiss that allegedly happened between you two was, like, months ago. You had the perfect opportunity on Thanagar and you hugged him instead. Loser."

"There were about a trillion eyes and guns pointed at us. Why would that be the perfect opportunity to kiss him?" He asked.

Tim's eyes lit up as they landed on Snow. His eyes glimmered in the strobe. He kept his back to the wall. Watching as bodies moved. Whenever the crowd swayed too close, he cowered in.

His glamor charm twinkled amber. It complimented his honey eyes. The distance within them made Tim think. Think back to the trial.