Angelfire

05
Angelfire

Abel's eyes flashed back and forth across the 3-D screen. Tamaranean characters trickled the space before them. They warped into letters as they passed by.

"—Once the home of the extremely powerful Guardians of the Universe and headquarters of their galactic police force the Green Lantern Corps, Oa rested at the center of the universe." They read out loud.

Their eyes flicked over to Jaime, who'd taken over the flight control of the ship. Wires flowed out of his suit and into the motherboard. "Where were they when Superboy Prime dropped an army of Mutant-Robots on the world?" He muttered.

Abel gulped as the next screen revealed itself. "They... They died. The Guardians and the Lantern Corps were slaughtered by Darkseid: the cruel dictator of an extradimensional race known as the New Gods. With Supernova the Mad God at his side, they slew legions and dimensions..."

"Supernova," Jaime repeated the name. "That was their mantra, wasn't it? He said he was doing all of this—"

"—For Supernova," Murmured Abel. The words painted vivid pieces of their world in blood. Their grimace was short-lived. After they tore open their eyes, the screen flashed on.

"Superboy Prime said everything he did was for his family. For Supernova and for y—"

"...Oa is now rumored to be a wasteland of the Old Multiverse. A vast reminder—for those in the know—of just how destructive the Hands can be under the wrong influence." Abel cut Jaime off.

They didn't want to think about that. About what being Superboy Prime's family meant.

And Jaime understood. So he said nothing more on it. "What are Hands?" He asked instead.

The pixels swarming before them began to shift. They reformed into a short page.

"Little is known about 'Hands' of the Source, and just what they are. The only known Hands perished in the Entropy. The Progeny of Supernova—Angelfire—used the energies of the Astrum to unbind the Mad God. Neither the Angelfire nor the Astrum have been found since."

As the screen went blank, Abel exhaled. Their trembling hands squeezed around the dash for support. They blinked to keep tears back. "Superboy Prime called me the Astrum," They exhaled the words. 

A searing pulse heated their temples. The first sign that they needed their pills. They'd cut down to a single inhibitor a day. It was the only way to stay strong—albeit a bit unstable.

"Wait a second; so, if the Astrum took out Supernova and you're the Astrum, then you can take out Prime." His eyes flicked between Abel and the viewport.

"Except I didn't take Supernova out because I wasn't alive, Jaime," Abel retorted. "Angelfire stopped Supernova using my powers." A mount of pressure welded to their mind by then.

"Okay, so Angelfire should be able to stop Prime. If we find them and get them on our side again..." Jaime steered past an asteroid.

"No one has seen them since the Entropy, they probably don't even exist anymore." Said Abel. Blue sparks crackled above their head.

"No one has seen you since the Entropy, and you're standing right beside me. Maybe they're still out there, I mean this is the only other person out there like you. They're your siblin—"