Your Sins Will Find You Out

14Your Sins Will Find You Out

14
Your Sins Will Find You Out

EARTH-9
2035

...Abel, burning brilliantly, was snatched into the air by an invisible force. Jaime fell back in shock. His eyes widened as theirs were overcome.

Powerful ocular beams erupted from Abel's eyes. The roof of the Grayson home was blown into the sky. The fuming auras of Abel's energy burned into the ruby-saturated sky.

Jaime's horrified face was encompassed by his techno-suit. As Blue Beetle, his Scarab began to list diagnostics and alerts. His armor protected him from the reality-melting radiation before him.

"Babe? Abel wake up. Wake up!" His voice faltered against the chaotic blare of Abel's power. Their light continued to grow. Their blues met the crimson skies and formed a violet split along reality.

"Abel!" Screamed Dick Grayson. He stood in the yard below. Eyes widened in horror as his child was lifted into the heavens.

He quickly reached onto his hip. He broke off a latch on his holster and aimed it upward. A hook shot out. It snapped into the roof. He clicked a button and grappled upwards.

He landed in the gaping hole that was Abel's bedroom. "What happened?" He demanded of Jaime.

"I-I don't know. We were talking and it just happened! I'm sorry Mister Grayson I—"

"Don't apologize, Son, just help me help them," Dick quickly cut him off. "Your suit, it can negate Abel's powers, I've seen it before. You have to fly up there and stop them from—"

The sky exploded. It drowned out his words. Light swallowed the entirety of Blue Valley whole.

When it faded, it left a scarred glow behind. Crimson slivers of light were all that was left to humanity. Dick and Jaime lifted their eyes to the sky.

Abel's cerulean glow imposed violet auras against the machine. A giant apparatus blocked out the sun. Scarlet ropes of electricity bounded across it. A wicked hum, one that matched the pitch of a kettle before screeching, vibrated in the air.

"Mister Grayson," Jaime began with a trembling voice.

"Yeah, Son?" He asked. Eyes glazed in awe.

"What is that?" Jaime gulped.

"No idea," Replied Dick. His eyes burned as he fixed them upon Abel once more. "We have to help Bel," He said.

"I'm on it!" Jaime blasted off.

His wings buzzed as they carried him into the sky. His armor warbled as the radiation undulated around him. He strained against Abel's power. The backdraft of the cosmic energy forced Jaime back.