Things Promised

06
Things Promised

Abel watched Angelfire from the viewport. Their eyes pierced into his back. He floated before an entire legion of warships, yet Abel felt not an ounce of fear.

"He's a Legend," Jaime whispered as if he read Their mind. "Aesir is a literal legend. Babe, he can help us make everything right again. We can go back home." He gushed.

They wanted to be excited. They wanted to hug Jaime and bounce around with the same excitement. They couldn't.

Abel knew better.

Angelfire is a legend, but even legends have their limits.

"Its not that simple," Said Time Spectre. Magic twinkled between his horns as he looked between Abel and Jaime. "Aesir is powerful but he's not Time. That's me, and I can assure you; you don't want to go back home."

"Why not?" Asked Tulip. Her eyes narrowed to slits on him. "Since you know everything."

"Do you want me to show you?" Time Spectre quipped back. His eyes flicked to her. A flash sparked from his gem.

Tulip staggered back. She hit the wall and cupped her temples. She groaned and winced. "What are you doing to me?" She rasped.

Rachel propelled a bolt of violet magic at him. Time Spectre blocked with a shield. He clenched his fist. The shield shattered.

Time Spectre flicked the shards at her. Rachel formed a shield of shadows. A shard sliced through her leg. She grunted and dropped to her knee.

"Hey!" Jaime called. He raised his canon arm above Rachel's faltered shield. It thumped as it unleashed cerulean light.

Time Spectre teleported. The bolt of light struck Red Carnation. He cried out and battered the automatic doors.

Tim flipped over the shield. He landed with a swipe. His staff whooshed over Scandal's head. She slashed underneath his arm. Her blades slid off his suit.

He spun and kicked at once. He caught her chin. She grunted and staggered. He spun his staff overhead and clobbered her.

"Stay down," He spat.

"Fuck you," She hissed.

Scandal caught his ankles between her legs. With a roll, she snatched him off balance. He yelped and fell on his back.

Abel watched the seeds of chaos grow. It spread like wildfire. There was too much going on.

"Stop," They panted weakly.

The pressure in Abel's mind doubled with each blow. They dug their fingernails into their palms. Sparks popped in the hair over their head. They wanted to unleash it, to free it all, and let go. But every time they gave into the urge, the unpredictable happened.

"You're too loud," They added. "All of you are too loud."

"Abel is everything okay?" Asked Behrad. His brows settled in a furrow as he looked upon Abel. He squeezed their shoulder. He winced as a current stung his skin.

"Its too loud," They whimpered to him.

"Guys, I think we've all had enough," Behrad called to the squabblers. Their strife continued on. "Guys!"