𝐶𝐻𝐴𝑃𝑇𝐸𝑅 𝐼𝑋 {𝙼𝚘𝚛𝚜𝚎 𝚌𝚘𝚍𝚎}

Steve POV
We begin to get the shed set up so that Will has no idea where he is. I was in the shed with Nancy stapling things up.
"Hey." She says to me. "What you did um helping the kids...that was really cool."
"Yeah." I pause deciding wether or not to say more. "The little shits are real trouble you know?"
"Believe me, I know."
Then it was silent again apart from me stapling things. I don't where Y/n is but it would be nice to have her here. She would make it less awkward.

Suddenly everyone's in here and we're all stapling things. So Y/n is now in here.
"I swear Steven if you staple my fingers I will literally staple your eyes out." She says as I lean over her to staple something,
"I'm sure you would N/n." I say as I press down the staple.
Once it's all done we leave, Y/n's sitting on the couch. I'm practicing bat swinging and Nancys leant against a wall thinking about god knows what when all of sudden the living room light starts to flicker.
We all walk up to it then we look out the windows to try and see what's going on in the shed but of course we can't see anything.
Hoppers walks in , grabs a pen and notepad then sits down at the table.
"What happened?" Dustin asked.
"I think he's talking. Just not with words."
"What is that?" Steve asks.
"Morse code." Almost everyone in the room responds.
"What the fuck us Morse code?"
"Y/n!" I say.
"What? Children, language."
"Oh come on I'm sure they've said worse. I was saying cunt by the age of 10."
"Jesus Y/n."
Everyone ignores our little banter and reads out what the Morse code says.
"H-E-R-E."
"Here."
"Wills still in there. He's talking to us."

Everyone ran around collecting things to work out what Will was saying.
"You understand any of this?" I ask Y/n as we sit on the couch.
"Not a thing." She laughs. "Lucky we got nerds." She says.
"We got it!" The kids yell from the table. We walk over to see what the word is.
"Close gate, what the hell is that supposed to mean?" Y/n asks reading out the message from Will. Suddenly the phone rings.
"Shit shit shit!" Dustin says as he makes the phone stop but it rings right after, this time Nancy just rips it off the wall.
"Woah badass moment." Y/n states.
"Do you think he heard that?" Max asks.
"Just a phone. It could be anywhere. Right?" I say but no, a few minutes later we all hear screeching in the distance.
"Oh shit." Y/n says, I put my hand in hers trying to comfort her.
Hoppers burst in. "Hey get away from the windows." He says to the kids. "Can you use this?" He asks Jonathan.
"What?"
"Can you use this!?"
"Uh-
"I can." Nancy steps in grabbing the gun, I stand in front of Y/n with my bat as if to actually, for once, protect her.
"Where are they?" Max asks nervously. There's screeching and snarling outside but it's not good snarling.
"What are they doing?" Nancy asks.
Suddenly, a demo dog is thrown through the window. But dead.
"Holy shit."
"Is it dead?"
Hopper pokes it with his gun. Nothing happens. But there's a sound of the locked door being unlocked, we all turn in fright. I push Y/n behind me again.
But instead of a monster, in walks a teenage girl-the same age as he kids-with slicked back hair and black eyeshadow.
"Eleven." Mike says approaching her.
"Mike."
"Who the hell is she?" Y/n asks me.
"Absolutely no idea." I say putting my bat down. Mike and the girl start getting in a full on conversation about how much they missed each other.
"One of them is gonna get their heart broken real bad." Y/n says.
"Shut up and let them have a moment." I say to her but all of a sudden mike is yelling at hopper.
"Hey! Let's talk. Alone." He says to Mike as they walk into a seperate room.

The kids start reuniting when Max approaches the girl.
"Eleven? Hey, I'm Max. I've heard a lot about you." She puts out her hand her El to shake but she lushes past her.
"Hey you can't just do that you know! That is not nice-
I put my hand over Y/n's mouth to stop her from yelling at the girl whose name I think is eleven.
"Y/n. Stop yelling at children. Please."

A/n: I'm sorry I had to rewatch the last two episodes of season2 for these chapters and oh my god billy 😭 he just needs to stop. What he says to Karen is too cringey. Like save me.

"I mean it's not like it was before, it's grown. A lot. And, I mean, that's considering we can get in there. The place is crawling with those dogs-
"Demo-dogs." Dustin corrects hopper.
"I'm sorry what?"
"I said uh demo-dogs. Demogorgan dog, put 'em together it sounds pretty badass."
"How is this important right now!?"
"It's not. I'm sorry."
"I can do it." Eleven says.
"Your not hearing me."
"I'm hearing you. I can do it."
"Even if el can do it, theres still another problem. If the brain dies the body dies."
"I thought that was the whole point." Max says.
"It is, but if we're really right about this...I mean, if el closes the gate and kills the mind flayer army...
"Wills apart of that army."
"Closing the gate will kill him."

"So you understand what's going on?" I ask Y/n.
"No. Lucky we're probably on babysitting duty again." She laughs.
"God don't remind me." I say walking off.

I somehow ended up helping Nancy do something.
"You should go with him." I say to her.
"What?"
"With Jonathan."
"No, I'm not just gonna leave Mike."
"No one's leaving anyone." I walk over to her. "I may be a pretty shitty boyfriend, but....uh turns out I'm actually a pretty damn good babysitter."
"Steve..."
"It's okay Nance. It's okay."
"Um Steve."
"Yeah?"
"Are you and Y/n like together now?"
"What no! God no she's just uh she's just-
As I'm about to finish my sentence we hear Y/n burst out laughing inside the house. She's got a really loud laugh. It makes me smile.
"Yeah uh we're just friends. Not not even friends, we're babysitting partners. She-she doesn't like friends." I explain.
"Oh right."
"And she doesn't believe in love so no way." I finish.
"Oh okay."
"Yeah. It sucks." I whisper to myself as I walk away. "It really does suck."

Another chapter done!
Pls vote :)
-Soph