𝐶𝐻𝐴𝑃𝑇𝐸𝑅 𝑋𝑋𝑉 {𝙵𝚕𝚎𝚜𝚑 𝚖𝚘𝚗𝚜𝚝𝚎𝚛}

Now that everyone was here we had decided on a plan which consisted of three groups.
Group 1: Grizwald Family, leaving the mall and going somewhere.
El
Max
Will
Mike
Lucas
Nancy
Jonathan

Group 2: Scoops Troop, going to contact Dustin's girlfriend to get some sort of number pattern.
Me (Y/n)
Erica
Steve
Robin
Dustin

Group 3: (Idk what this group was called.) going into the Russian base to stop them.
Joyce
Murray
Hopper

Steve was given the keys to a car hopper had because Steve had lost his car keys when he was captured by the Russians. Well they took his keys.
"Oh yes! Now this! This is what I'm talking about." Steve says drooling over the car.
"Todd father?" Robin asks referring to the number plate on the car.
"Oh screw Todd, Steve's her daddy now." I'm pretty sure the words that came out of Steve's mouth just killed my eardrums.
"Did you just speak about yourself in third person?" Erica asks.
"Did you just call yourself daddy?" Robin says in disgust.
"God never say that again. I can't- just no, no. I think those words are worse than fighting monsters." I add looking at Steve in shock and disgust. "Just drive the bloody car already." I say rolling my eyes and sitting in the passenger seat. Steve doesn't hesitate, he starts the car and goes as fast a possible.

"Jesus you did a lot for one girl." Steve says after Dustin tells him we're not quite where we're meant to be yet.
"She's a genius!" Dustin says as if that makes everything make sense. "Okay turn up here!" He instructs Steve.
"There's no road there!"
"Just take the bloody turn!", Steve turns abruptly to the right almost flinging me out of the car.
"Shit Steve almost killed me." I say half laughing, I didn't fully forgive him for what he said in the bathroom yet. He accelerates up the hill.
"Come on on! Come on!" He repeats as if he's giving the car a motivational speech, of course the car stops. We all jump out of the car and run up the hill (rUnNiNg Up ThAt HiLl) as fast as we can. Once we finally get to the top I fall onto the grass in exhaustion.
"I need to do more exercise." I pant looking up at the sky.
"Yeah you probably do." Steve says sitting down next to me
"Oh fuck off Steve!"
"You said it not me." He shrugs.
"Yeah but I wasn't telling you to fuck off because of that." I mumble.
"What?"
"What? Didn't say anything." I smile.

Steve POV
Y/n lyes on the grass thinking about something, I'm not sure what but I'm pretty sure she is thinking about something. She said something earlier as well, I'm also not sure what she said but I'm sure she said something, eh who cares.
"Hey why didn't you hold my hand earlier?" I ask her.
"What?" She says propping herself up on her elbows.
"When the Russians were at the mall doors, I grabbed your hand but you pulled it away. Why's that?"
"I dunno I just guess I wasn't in mood for hand holding?" She shrugs. Not in the mood for hand holding in a life threatening situation? Since when does she not get scared and hold my hand.
"Yeah okay." I get up and look at the mall. "Oh shit."
"What?" Y/n asks standing up to see what I'm looking at. "Yeah that's bad."

Me, Robin and Y/n get into the car and reverse back down the hill. We're going to the mall because the mind flayer flesh monster thing is currently ripping it to pieces. I drive as fast as possible not wanting anyone at the mall to get hurt.
We get to mall parking lot and there's another car there.
"Who's that?" Robin asks.
"Billy Hargrove. Max's step brother and, the guy the mind flayer has taken control of." Y/n says looking at his car in disgust.
"How do you know what his car looks like?" I ask her.
"He's pulled up to my house enough times I've memorised his number plate."
"Okay, I'm not gonna be creeped out by that."
"Just drive faster!" She yells and I do, just hitting Billy's car out of the way in time.
"Are you guys okay?" I ask Robin and Y/n.
"Definitely." Y/n answers.
"Ask me again tomorrow?" Robin says.
"Sure." We all scrabble out of the car and into the back Nancys car.

"Wait where's Max?" Y/n asks as we drive away from the mall.
"She's back at the mall with Mike and el. We're luring the mind flayer away from the mall. Don't worry they should be safe." Nancy says answering Y/ns question. Y/n leans back on the wall of the car clearly stressed, I put my hand on her leg trying to comfort her. She gives me a half smile in return.

Suddenly two voices come through the walkie talkie in the car, one is Dustin's but the other is a girls voice, I don't know whose though.
"Does anybody know who's voice that is?" I ask.
"No idea." Lucas answers and everyone agrees. That's when Dustin calls the girl 'Suzie-poo.'
"Suzie." Me, Lucas and Will say in unison. There's a moment when Suzie says she signing off but then Dustin agrees to do something.
"What are they talking about?" Y/n asks but there's no time to answer because Dustin......has started singing.
"Oh my god." Robin laughs.

"Turn around, look at what you see, yeah-eh
In her face, the mirror of your dreams, who-oh
Make believe I'm everywhere, hidden in the lines
Written on the pages is the answer to a neverending story,
Neverending story-eeh
Reach the stars, fly a fantasy
Dream a dream, and what you see will be-eh, yeah, yeah, yeah-eh
Lives that keep their secrets, will unfold behind the clouds
And there upon the rainbow is the answer to a neverending story-eeh
Neverending story-eeh
Story-eeh
Neverending story-eeh
Go! Show no fear, for she may fade away,
In your hand, the birth of the new day-hee,
Lives that keep their secrets will unfold behind the clouds
And there upon the rainbow is the answer to a...Neverending story!
Neverending storyyyyyyyyy."

Suzie tells Dustin the code and he thanks her but there's something not quite right, the flesh monster isn't following us anymore.

Yay another chapter.
Pls vote :)
-Soph