Retired

We finally reached home, which was deserted. My dad even forced us to go back to school.

"I'm not going," I said glumly sitting on the edge of the boxing ring. I had just finished packing everything in the layer. All the computers and technology was tightly secured in a box for Jessica and Jeremy.  All our weapons hanging on the wall were put away in their  cases. We were probably just going to give half of them away to some agency.

"Kay! Come on, you're going to be late for school," my dad called from in the house.

I growled before running back into the house to grab my bag before hopping onto my motorcycle. I finally decided to rife it to school. It was only going to be the last few weeks of school anyways,"I'm only staying half the day," I grumbled before revving up the engine and placing my helmet on.

There was only a grumble of an answer from my dad that was too difficult to interpret so I just left.

Students were wondering who was under the helmet when I got to school, parking way up at the front where the 'cooler kids' normally park. They all waited patiently to see who I was. So why not give a little but if a show?

I shook my hair back as I took off the helmet,  letting it loose. There was a wave if murmurs through the crowd. Innocent wasn't my look anymore.

Chase walked up to me with his bag slung over one shoulder,"Hey," he said patting my helmet that was hanging on the handle bar,"Like the ride," he smiled.

"Thanks. I'll teach you how to ride it one day," I winked before hopping off.

"How's it going?" Jeremy said coming up beside Chase with Jessica trailing behind him,"Like the ride."

"Yeah, I figured why not," I shrugged walking with them to class. I had no idea what to expect for today.

"Hey man, where you been?" one of Chase's friends asked patting him on the shoulder.

Chase looked over at me before averting his eyes to the ground then rubbing his neck. He was so adorable when he got nervous, nothing like the brave macho facade he played when we first met,"Uhh. We had some... family things...to take care off," Chase answered.

I loved how he referred go us as family. How he made our problems his problems, how he always stuck to our side no matter what was going down. Family is all we got now.

The guy just left us alone after realizing that be wasn't going to get anything else out of us and we walked into the busy school building in silence, until Jessica broke the silence, "Guys, what if we get attacked again?"

To be honest, I've had a bad feeling all say.  Like something was going to go terribly wrong today. I put a hand in my gun under my sweater for reassurance. As long as it was there I was good,"Do you have a gun?" I asked Jessica.

She nodded slowly. 

"Do you remember how to use it?"

She nodded again.

"Them you should be fine," I assured.

~*~

Unfortunately things didn't go quite as planned. There was a news report about a gun shooting in a nearby neighborhood so the whole school had to go on lock down. Kids were hiding under tables in the cafeteria or pressed up against walls in small huddles. Some kids had found themselves in a classroom at this time and had to be cramped in a tight space with a handful of books and pencils. I was walking in the hallways alone - well with the occasional couple making out at there locker - when the announcement had come on. I wasn't sure if I should quickly change into Shadow, or just hide in a classroom like everyone else.

I held my hand on the gun and quickly ducked into the nearest room - which happened to be the boys locker room. Fortunately everyone had all their clothes on, or at least a a towel wrapped around their waste.

"Shit!" I cursed out loud as guys hooted and hollered.

Another announcement came on, the shooter was inside the building looking for someone in particular. Probably me. There was a small blurred cracked window just below the ceiling of the room that leveled to the grass outside. It was too high for me to reach but I could jump up on the lockers and get high enough, because I have that much skill. I was taught gymnastics at the age of 5 to learn balance.

"What are you doing?" One guy shouted in suprise and I poked around the window.

I looked down at them,"Hand me a small cloth or something," I ordered and was immediately given a small white wash cloth that was still  a little damp. I wrapped it around my knuckles efore punching the window so it broke to shards.

There was a wave of shocked murmurs.

"You can't tell anybody what you see okay?' I warned and waited for a response broke pulling out my gun and holding it just a little out the window.

A pair of legs strutted by in tight black gear. I counted to three before firing two shots and hitting both ankles cussing the man to stumble and fall. His face hit the floor and he rolled over to the window.

"You," he snarled,"Again,"

"Yeah I know, I'm just so good at this," then I grabbed the color of his short and dragged him closer so if he moved an inch then his face would be cut bu the remaining shards of glass?"Now tell me why you are here!"

He had a big sniper like gun hung around his neck that I grabbed and placed around my neck.

"Why should I tell you," he smirked.

I wasn't in any mood to play games, so I pulled him forward and three long jagged cuts dragged along his cheek,"Dill going to keep your mouth shut?" I whispered into his ear, teasing him.

"Were here to finish you," he snarled before a warm sticky liqued washed through my arm and through the sleeve of my shirt to the tiled wall.

____________________________________________ hello my lovelies! How'd you like the chapter?!

Oh yes I have something to tell you :

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR HELPING ME REACH MY GOAL OF 1K! AND IT HAPPENED WAY BEFORE THE DUE DATE!!I love you guys so much. My new goal is going to be 1m but that's probably going to take a while. You guys are the best.

If you like my chapters and want more vote, comment, or follow. I'm cool with any of them. But just a heads up I'm going to be finishing off this book soon so share it!

Thanks for all the reads again!!! Goodnight my lovelies

Xoxo, mee♡♡