Epilogue

*1 year later*

Chase's P.O.V-

It's been a year. 1 year since Shadow and Dagger have returned to save the lives of the innocent and beat the bad guys. 1 year since I've kissed anybody. 1 year since I've said I love you.

It took all my strength to not rage out when I saw a couple out together - holding hands and kissing, saying I love you and hugging. There were holes in my walls from where I punched them at night.

Her sweet vanilla smell and outside city air lingered on my clothing. It hurt to go to school every morning without having Kayla's hand in mine.

No one knows what happened to the twins. They all just gave curious glances to us whenever we walked in school without two matching faces with us.

"Hey I have an idea," Tyler piped up finally. I thought he was going to be selectively mute judging by the very few words he rarely spoke,"Why don't we continue Shadow and Dagger's legacy?"

"Who?" Jeremy asked picking at his cold food.

"We can all continue the team you know," Tyler explained. We all gave him blank expressions,"Come on mates! What have we gotten done while..." he didn't continue the next few words,"How many innocent people have we let get hurt? What have we done to stop all the bad guys!"

"We aren't Erin and Kayla, Tyler! And we will ne" Jessica said glumly. We were all changed; let down because of one event in our lives.

I was starting to see where Tyler was getting at,"No no guys I think we should. I mean look," I was reading a news report about a bank being robbed and a story of a couple of guys getting involved with a gang.

"What would we do? The police have taken Shadow and Dagger of the wanted list. We would just stir them up again," Jeremy argued.

Jessica agreed,"Kayla and Erin knew how to be careful. They were trained by their dad and high-skilled assassin's. If we're not careful we could get caught and be in big trouble."

An idea lit up in my mind like a light bulb ,"That's why we get the police on our side."

"And how would we do that?" everyone seemed to be saying through their eyes and facial expressions.

"Just watch,"

~*~

Tyler and I had gotten everybody to agree with us and we were now making modifications on the suits that were previously designed for small petite people like Kayla and Erin.

I found a pair of black leather pants and added many little pockets and in them, as well as in my black leather jacket.

Tyler already had his get up already since he was an ex-assassin and former London Gang member.

We both had a pair of black pants with a low hanging belt that fit all of the nessacary weapons. A black leather jacket fit snug under a black t-shirt. Our guns were in the holisters in our jacket and there was one in our belt.

The mask that Kayla normally used to disguise as Shadow was staring at me, daring me to put it on. I finally gathered enough courage and put it on with a sigh.

Tyler nodded at me,"Ready?" he asked revving up the engine on our new motorcycles.

I nodded back pulling the shield of the help down,"Ready."

We drove of into the streets, blending in with the night. I can tell why Kayla prefered a bike over a car: you got to enjoy the fresh outside air and feel the wind hitting against your body. Though my legs were starting to numb from being bent in an unfamiliar position, I still longed to do this everyday.

The police station was coming into view now. There was a small tugging in my side and I was starting to regret even coming up with this plan: We were going to try and persuade the police to side with us. Help us during missions. But now I was starting to think that this wasn't as great as an idea as I thought.

I stopped the bike and almost fell off from hitting the break so hard,"I don't think we should this,"

"We. Are. Not. Stopping. Now," Tyler said. I was pretty sure he was glaring at me behind the tinted shield of his helmet,"Let's go. You're a people person, so they will listen to you," he reasoned.

I heaved a sigh and hopped off my bike,"Fine, but we're taking a huge risk you know."

Tyler narrowed his eyes at me,"You're the one that suggested this in the first place!"

Jessica's voice crackled through our earpiece,"Guys! Shut up! You talk to much. Stay low and quiet till you get to the captain's office," she scolded.

We both shut up right away and crouched low against the wall and peeked through the window leading into the captains office. He was standing there talking with another officer. Soon enough the officer left and the captain was left all alone.

I looked over at Tyler who nodded at me to knock on the window. I knocked once and waited for some sort of signal back.

"He's waiting for you to do it again," Jeremy warned.

Jessica added,"Knock again then when he opens the window pull him out, He's not loaded."

I knocked and did as Jessica said and soon enough the captain was lying in the grass in front of us,"We only want to talk."

~*~

I dropped from the roof of the building ending in a crouch position beside Tyler. The cops had given us the location and they were speaking comas into our ears.

"There's to many here, we're going to need some back up," Tyler ordered.

Our wish came true and we could hear the sirens wailing from the other side of the road and the screeching tires. Soon enough the mobsters in below us were surrounded by armed police with Tyler and I ordering and fighting from above.

We had exceeded the limits of Shadow and Erin to save this city once again. No longer will we live in fear of our black masks but with support and love. We have created allies with the government that once stood against us, and stand with them now to fight for the lives of the innocent.

I still visit Kayla and Erin's grave everyday, but as the sun rises in the sky each morning I feel a new found confidence and longing to finish what was once started by the Hero's of our city.

____________________________

THE END!!!

Omigosh you guys I finished my first book!! Aughhhhh. I'm actually going insane right now, you have no idea how much I love you guys for sticking with this book.

thank you guys for all the support, comments, votes and reads. help me take this book further. I want to try and hit 100 votes by Christmas as a nice gift. If I could then that would be awesome.

Thanks again for all the support you guys I love you sooooo much.

if u don't already follow me on ig: @supernaturalfreak_x I give shutouts to anyone that's writing a book. just follow for instructions.☆

I LOVE YOU GUYS!!

I'll still be writing more books so follow for more from me.

love y'all!

xoxo, mee♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡