-8-

Song: Want You in My Room

Artist: Carly Rae Jepsen

*~*~*~*~*

"I want all of you to study well this weekend for the exam on Monday," Alejandro told his students at the end of class.

"I know I'll be making an A plus," Courtney smirked snidely at Heather.

"Good for you then," Heather rolled her eyes. Courtney pursed her lips, expecting more than that from her, but decided to ignore it and leave.

Heather walked to Alejandro's desk casually. "Mind helping me study for the test? You know, so I can have it fresh on my mind on Monday?" She asked him.

"Of course," Alejandro smiled. Any excuse to talk to you, he thought.

"Professor Burromuerto," another professor stepped into the room. Alejandro turned his attention towards him, and Heather stepped away a little. "Can I ask you a question?"

"Ask me anything," he said.

"Mind lending this room to me? My next class is in an hour, and I can't stay in my room because they're doing construction on the ceiling. Safety hazard."

"Yeah, of course," Alejandro replied. Heather quietly huffed in annoyance.

"Thank you! Take your time gathering your things; there's no rush!" He said. Alejandro nodded.

The moment the professor left the room, Heather sighed loudly. "Really? I would've just told him to get lost and find another room."

"Unfortunately, it doesn't work that way, señorita," Alejandro laughed. "But don't worry; we can still study. Do you like coffee?"

"What the hell does that have to do with studying?"

"Heather, I'm asking if you want to get coffee and study there," Alejandro told her with an amused grin on his face.

"O-oh," Heather replied, flustered. "Um, yeah, sure." She brutally chewed on her bottom lip, thinking it would become numb. An outside-of-class study session?! Well, that's not uncommon. Plenty of professors and students meet in public to talk about schoolwork!

"As long as you are comfortable with it," Alejandro said. He put on his light black jacket.

"I am. Why wouldn't I be?" Heather feigned confidence. Her heartbeat was almost as loud as her thoughts. It's not a date. Don't be stupid. It is NOT a date.

"I'm just making sure, chica. You look a little nervous."

Heather could've sworn there was a hint of bumptiousness in his voice, and it drove her crazy. Does he think it's FUNNY that I'm about to have a heart attack at any second?! "I'm not nervous. Come on. We don't have all day." She promptly spun around on her heel and walked toward the door.

Alejandro quickly gathered his things and followed her out. "Where would you like to go?" He caught up with her in the hall.

"I don't care."

"Ok. Let's go to—"

"If you say anything other than 'Maple Leaf Coffee,' I'm not going," Heather interrupted as they stepped into the elevator.

Alejandro pressed the 1 button. "I wasn't planning on saying anything other than that," he flashed his infamous smile.

Heather scoffed. "Yeah right. As if you actually like my favorite coffee place."

"I am not kidding, señorita! I love that place," he said.

They hit the first floor. Heather walked out hastily, Alejandro following suit. She smirked to herself at him constantly trying to keep up. This was now the only way she could feel in control so she wouldn't have to see him face-to-face and withstand those beautiful eyes.