-21-

Song: Goodbye

Band: Echosmith

*~*~*~*~*

February 14th

Alejandro stood through his big brother's wedding ceremony for thirty minutes, although it felt like an hour. He was a groomsman. It was no surprise that José picked Carlos to be the best man, and Alejandro wasn't complaining. Never in a million years would he choose to be José's best man.

When José and Cassandra exchanged vows, he fought the urge to vomit. They'll be divorced by next year, he thought. José is just trying to look good for mamá and papá. As long as he's married once before thirty, the familial pressure will subside.

José and Cassandra ended up having a white and purple-themed wedding. Alejandro was surprised that José compromised on something. Once the ceremony ended, Alejandro immediately got out his phone and texted Heather: Finally over. I have to stay for the reception party, but it'll only be for another two hours.

Heather: You don't have to rush back. I'm playing with Bruiser and watching tv right now, so I'm not bored😊

Alejandro: I really don't want to be here. The only people I will talk to are Carlos and my parents.

Heather: Just enjoy it🙄 Bruiser's enjoying his show😻

Alejandro: Ahhhh, can I meet him later?🥺

Heather: He might scratch up your face😬

Alejandro: Don't worry, señorita. All animals love me😉

Heather: Ok then. Don't say I didn't warn you🤷🏻‍♀️

Alejandro smirked. He was about to text back when Alison, the woman he had brought to the wedding, took his hand. "Alejandro, your parents are looking for you. They have a table ready for all of us with food on it!"

He faked a wide grin. "Sounds wonderful. They can finally meet you!"

"Mhm!" She smiled back tightly. Alison knew that Alejandro only took her to his brother's wedding as a fake date, but she still felt graced to be in his presence. She had been looking at him through the entire ceremony, admiring his remarkable beauty.

Alejandro put on a happy façade as his mother and father turned to see the "couple" walking toward them. "Hola, mamá, papá. This is Alison," he introduced. "We met online a couple of weeks ago."

Mariana gasped. "Dios mío, Alejandro. ¡Ella es muy bonita!"

"Gracias," Alison smiled goofily, knowing that her Spanish accent wasn't the best.