Chapter 28

Rajveer is drinking a strong cup of black coffee in the canteen. He hardly slept in past two days and finding  it hard to concentrate.

He is sitting alone in a corner so that he can be alone when Ritu joined him.

"Hello Captain. Why are you looking like..", Ritu said sitting opposite him.

"Shit. I know", Rajveer completed the sentence for her.

They smiled looking at each other.

"What happened? Can I help with something?",, Ritu asked.

"No nothing. Just feeling low...", Rajveer shrugged.

"You know what...I have an idea to make you feel better. Let's go out today...A break from KMA will surely help you", Ritu suggested.

Rajveer looked at her in deep thought. It's a perfect opportunity but he really doesn't want to go out tonight.

"May be we can hang out here only Dr. Ritu. Why don't you join me for coffee in the evening? If we feel like we can go somewhere", Rajveer suggested. He doesn't like the idea of going out with her outside of KMA to her choice of place, specially when he is not feeling up to the mark.

Naina who also joined and sitting nearby heard the entire communication.

She felt her heart breaking but couldn't react as she knew Shalini is watching her.

"Naina are you ok?", Shalini asked.

Naina shakes her head indicating it's nothing and got up to leave.
———————————————————-
"So finally it started. He started responding", Ritu told.

"Is he? Are you sure? I really think there is something fishy here. How come suddenly he started responding to you"

"There might be something happened ruining the budding love story", Ritu said exclaimed. She couldn't help feeling ecstatic.

"I am not having a good feeling about this. How come this sudden change of heart. Are you sure there isn't anything cooking between them? They might be onto you Ritu"

"May be. But I think there actually is a fallout between them...no one is that good of an actor. I am sure they are having a huge rift and I will take advantage of that", Ritu said smugly.

"I don't care for your kitchen politics. I just want that Captain out of the picture. We have wasted enough time and now I want to see the action"
———————————————————

"Sir, actually we need help in tuning this", Ali said looking at him.

Rajveer took the transmitter.

"Is it really an assignment?", he asked, checking the configuration. It's very finely assembled.

"Yes Sir. Actually, Captain Singh assigned us this", Yudi who accompanied Ali told enthusiastically.

Rajveer took a deep look at Yudi and then Ali who gave a tiny nod.

"Leave it here. I need to give time to it", Rajveer said.

"Actually Sir, assignment is due tomorrow", Yudi said chewing his lips.

"Give ne few hours Cadet. I will see what I can do. There is no obvious error here, I need to take a deep look", Rajveer replied and gestures for them to be dismissed.

As they got out of Rajveer's room, Yudi excused himself.

Ali is thinking about going back inside Rajveer's room when someone tapped his shoulder.