Chapter 30

"Kidhar ho tum log?", Rajveer asked as he is running towards the trigger location.

"Vahin hai Sir jahan khatra hai", Ali replied and shoot again to save Alekh who is busy in attacking someone who is about to enter the facility.

Then only Alekh spotted something and jumped on Ali to save him from a grenade coming his way.

In the blast another man tried to enter the facility.

Alekh tried to get up but has to take cover as there is another Man shooting.

"Shit....if he have the pass code then he can enter", Ali fist bumped the ground.

Before they can try to get up again, they heard another blast and saw two men engaged in combat.

Rajveer came and he is fighting with that man to neutralise him.

Before he can do that, there is another gun shot which Rajveer skipped luckily by ducking on time.

Alekh and Ali gave him cover and soon one man is caught and another one is killed.

They made sure the situation is under control.

He moved towards the nuclear triggers room to check them.

Ali and Alekh gave him cover and once sure they called the HQ to inform about the attack.

——————————————————

Naina was saying good bye to the kid she was talking to before when she heard the gun shot.

Her soldier mind got alert immediately as she moved back in the hall.

She knew there is an attack.
——————————————————
"Sir, party me bhi attack hua hai", Alekh said checking the message from Naina.

Rajveer looked at him like a ghost and mumbled, "Naina...".

At that time only his phone started ringing. It's Ritu.

He picked up, "hello".

He listens to what she is saying without any expressions and replied in just one word, "ok".

"She called me to pick her up. She somehow got out of the party...but there is complete chaos and she cannot come back", Rajveer told them nonchalantly.

"I think you should go and pick her up sir", Ali said thinking aloud.

"Yes Sir...Naina will handle on her own. This time is there to gain brownie points with Dr Ritu. In fact apun ko to ye sab usich ki chal lagti hai....aap jao Sir", Alrkh prompted him. Although he is worried for Naina as well.

Rajveer doesn't want to but he knew this is the only way. They have to play along.

——————————————————
Rajveer reached the party scene driving rashly. He didn't confessed it to himself but more than the mission he wants to see Naina safe.

His back of the mind is filled with tension regarding her safety. But she is soldier. She is not alien to such situations, he tried to console himself as he parked the vehicle.

The venue was in complete mess. There are many army personals so obviously their is an counter attack.

But the family members are scattered over the place. Few members are escorting them out safely.

As he is making his way through the crowd, he spotted Naina. She is helping a family get inside a car. As they sat in the car and she turned, their eyes fell on each other. They looked at each other for an instance before another gun shot brought them back in their senses.

He looked around to see Ritu standing where she mentioned and meanwhile Naina went inside.

His vision followed her through a side glance as he picked Ritu up. With a clenching heart he started to leave but felt a very uneasy feeling in his heart.
____________________________

"Thanks Rajveer. I was so scared there", Ritu said to Rajveer.

"It's fine Dr. Mishra", he said stopping at her door.

"Come on Capt...you can call me Ritu now", she said with a smile.

He gave half a smile.

"I can make you coffee. You look like you can really use one", Ritu says.

Rajveer doesn't want to but he actually doesn't want to be alone now.

"Sure. But let me make it for you. After all you had such a horrible day today", he said with a cheerful smile.

She raised her eyebrows but shown him her kitchen.

As he was mixing the coffee and sugar mixture, he got a beep on his phone. It's a message from Choubey.

It reads, "Sir...don't react as you read further. Naina's vehicle got into a blast while coming back. She is hospitalised and i am along with her".

He felt his heart is sinking but he deleted the message and wiped the traitor tears which crossed its territories.