Chapter 29

"Hello Captain....Can I take this seat?", Ritu asked as she found Rajveer sipping his coffee in cafeteria.

"Of course Dr. Ritu. Please", Rajveer replies with a hand gesture.

"So what's up? Kya chal rha hai?", he asked casually.

"Kya chal rha hai vo to mai aapko bad me batati hu Captain. Abhi aap mujhe batayiye ki aaj sham ko aap kya kar rahe hai?", she asked looking at him.

"Abhi tak to kuch nahin kar rha tha lekin pata nai kyu mujhe lag rha hai ki aap abhi mujhe batane vali hai", he replies with a chuckle.

"Very good. Then aj sham ko aap mere sath Ambala city me ek event ne chal rahe hai", she said.

Before he can open his mouth, she put her hand on the table, "it's an official army event for Navy sergeants who came here for some official postings. I got my invite through a common connect and you are coming. No excuses. I will see you at 1900 hours. Dress code is formal Captain".

Rajveer is looking at her amusingly. She really is something.

He nodded and left as Ritu is in line for coffee.

On the gate his eyes fell on Naina and they exchanged a look. He understood that she saw them together. A slightly hurt look is there which is apparent to his seasoned eyes.

He left with a small nod which she returns. As she took a seat Ritu joined her.

"Hey...what up?", she asked as Naina perfectly masked her emotions to proceed with this conversation.

——————————————————

Rajveer reached the venue along with Ritu in the evening. It's a regular army party but major attendance if from Navy sergeants as Ritu informed earlier.

 It's a regular army party but major attendance if from Navy sergeants as Ritu informed earlier

(Imagine Rajveer like this)

(Ritu like this)

They are talking to few seniors when Ritu excused herself. She wants to talk to a Navy sergeant.

Aasmaan tera mera hua
Khwaab ki tarah dhuaan dhuaan
Aasmaan tera mera hua
Saans ki tarah ruaan ruaan

Rajveer is looking around alone when her eyes fell on her. She is talking to a small kid and after a long time a genuine happy smile is there on her face.

(Imagine Naina like this)

Ho jaaye jahaan tu jaaye
Paaye mujhe hi paaye
Saaye ye mere hain tujh mein samaaye

He is just lost in her beauty. She is looking stunning. Although he always found her beautiful but today her beauty is just ethereal.

Although he is there with Ritu who is not just expert in varying saree but even look almost everyday as enticing as ever in it.

But Naina is looking so graceful and emitting a different kind of glow. Her simplicity and her melancholic eyes are making her look poetic.

Suddenly their eyes met and they shared a painful look before averting their gaze.

Tu jo mila toh yun hua
Ho gayi poori adhoori si duaa
Tu jo gaya, toh le gaya sang tere
Mere jeene ki har wajah
Ho jaaye jahaan tu jaaye
Paaye mujhe hi paaye
Saaye ye mere hain tujh mein samaaye
Saiyaara main saiyaara, Saiyaara tu saiyaara
Sitaaron ke jahaan mein milenge abb yaara

———————————————————
Only cadets are left on the campus along with few faculty members. Ali and Yudi are trying to test their device which is finally configured by Rajveer.

"Dude are you sure this will work now?", Yudi asked.

"Bilkul Guru. Hume pura vishwas hai ye kam karega. Let's try", Ali replies.

They started running it to check if they catch any signal.

Ali I'm trying different combinations in the range they found before. Yudi is sceptical why they are attempting the same range over and over again.

" May be we should try some diff range", Yudi suggested but then they found a voice.

"Bakri ko chara de dia hai...I repeat, bakri ko chara de dia hai....ab bas halal karna bacha hai"

Yudi and Ali looked at each other. They are not familiar with this voice.

"Bakra thik hai na?"

This is a female voice. This feels familiar to them.

"Han. Uska intazam tumhare hawale. Cigarette Ka lighter khojne kuch waqt me log pahunchte honge....khayal karna ki bakre ko khabar na ho. Over and out"

Yudi is blabbering over this message but Ali felt it kind of déjà vu. He heard something like this before he felt.

"Shhhh....kuch waqt ke lie shant rahiye Yudi Bhai....acha ek madad kar dijiye...Alekh bhai ko bhej sakte hai please", Ali requested.

Yudi is feeling confused over this strange request but he agreed and left to call Aalekh.

But by the time Alekh came, Ali figured out the most of the message.

He signalled Alekh to get rid of Yudi as they need to be agents now which Alekh did immediately by engaging Yudi with something related to Dr. Shalini.

"Triggers are going to be attacked now. We need to be there to defend", Ali said pulling Alekh with him.

Alekh nodded as they moved in the pointed location.

Ali used his watch to send signals to both Choubey and Rajveer. It's an alert signal that triggers are under danger.

Unfortunately Ali forgot about the first part of the message.
——————————————————

Rajveer is talking to Ritu when he felt a vibration in his arm. He realised and immediately put his hand in his pocket to hide the light.

Fortunately Ritu is taking some food and she missed the sudden expression change of Rajveer.

"Umm...Dr. Mishra I will just come", he signalled her casually as if he is going to the loo.

She nodded and he made an exit. He wanted to alert Naina but then.

She is dancing with someone else, laughing and enjoying. He felt so good watching her beautiful smile. He decided not to disturb her as after a long time he is seeing her happy.

He left her there.

/* happy bhai dooj everyone!!
*/